2k really needs to overhaul that myplayer archetype system

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
its impossible to create a true superstars. superstars are good a 4 or more different things.

you can't create a unicorn like kd who can shoot, defend, handle the ball and has athelctism. I have like 4 different myplayers because it gets boring with a player who can only dominate in one way.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I think they should have the archetypes for online but offline let you do whatever you want. For dudes who want a challenge they can limit themselves and for dudes who just want to put up unrealistic numbers and statlines they can max themselves out.

They also need to make all the online modes on Superstar/Hall of Fame because that easy mode online shyt is pretty silly.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Ever since live 199x where they allowed you to create your own character I been building power forwards in all my create a player options.

Nothing else. Power Forwards. It's only up until like the last 2,3 years of 2K and they bullshyt have I noticed that it's damn near impossible to create a decent PF that has the same or near same agility/ability as others in the league without taking some dramatic reduction in a core ability that makes you heavily lopsided to a very unfair clip.

I mean, the minute you make a PF past 6'9" that's it, he gets a reduction in agility, stamina, ball handling and shooting.

So you should just make a slasher with speed, hops and strength to Dennis Rodman the paint and get a fastbreak or two and slam like Blake Griffin, right?

The Fatigue system hits you with the :ufdup: 'cause as your stats get better, your minutes raise and you've no way to rest (from what I've seen) so you'll be playing with a slow, often tired, reduced stat 6'10" non shooting rebounder/dunker who has trouble doing what little he can....cause he always tired.

I ain't bought a 2k in a minute and they keep this shyt up, I might do it like I did COD and move on, cause that's all I play. My career and it's sucking hardcore right now.

Last edited:

NORFOLKSOWN

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Va
2k made alot of mistakes like removing getting send down to the d league. the walk on rookie shyt this year was trash. If i want to be a lockdown defender i cant score or vise versa. if i want to have a jumper i cant dunk foreal. shyt harden is a perfect example of why 2k trash. dude a juggernaut on one side of the ball and thats it and you cant even be as good as him. we not even gonna speak on teammates bball iq if you play anything above rookie. 2k11 was goat at how u could defend and make shots you should make.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
2k made alot of mistakes like removing getting send down to the d league. the walk on rookie shyt this year was trash. If i want to be a lockdown defender i cant score or vise versa. if i want to have a jumper i cant dunk foreal. shyt harden is a perfect example of why 2k trash. dude a juggernaut on one side of the ball and thats it and you cant even be as good as him. we not even gonna speak on teammates bball iq if you play anything above rookie. 2k11 was goat at how u could defend and make shots you should make.

my player is 92 3pt shooter with all the shooter badges and I still shoot 30% from 3 on superstar, they totally nerfed shooting

:dahell:

llt23

All Star
Daps
They need to overhaul a lot more IMO. First gotta separate online and offline modes. I liked MyPlayer for the offline experience, but now its tied to this MMO world so progression is trash and tied to money. Let the online people have their VC trash, let people who wanna play offline have traditional attribute upgrades for their characters. Just separate it please.

Next they removed so many features from 2k15's my player mode. The ability to meet with the GM. The ability to ask for a teammate to be traded. To pick the shoe company you wanna sign with. Playing a little bit of college. Theres probably so much more Im missing cause its been like 4-5 years since 2k15(or whenever the hell they introduced my player and had all this shyt).

Having more choice in player upgrade. In 2k16 they started streamlining it and by 2k17 it was absolute trash. 2k15 let you pick individually what you wanted to put your points into. The RPG element was part of what made it fun as a single player experience.

Anyway fukk NBA2k. I was loyal to them since 2k2 and I refuse to buy a copy now unless shyt really changes.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I literally gave up my ps4 cause 2k18 was so bad. I’m a myleague type guy and it offered nothing.

They stripped down the create a player so if you’re playing myleague by year 8 or so... 70% of all incoming players look alike. fukk 2k I hope live fukks em up next year

On the PC version you can download custom draft classes that use cyberfaces to sort of fix the problem. Eventually you will run into clones due to the garbage create a player system though.