Daps
Reppin
NULL
Flutes is some of the best unintentional comedy of all time.

Legendary fukkery

Unleash the flutes by far. Jay's calling for some magnificient flutes to be released on the masses and it simply doesn't happen.

I'm still waiting for those flutes to be unleashed

Jay was all over the place in that intro. What gets me even more than the flutes bit is the "Jay Z this Jay Z that" *thinks*.. :leostare: I'm supposed to say something else now..how does it go..? :patrice: "Jay Z this Jay Z that" fukk :damn: I already said that.. Uhm.. "Jay Z that Jay Z this" :smugfavre: Nice one Jay. No one noticed. Now let's get Guru to bring them flutes up in this bytch..:gladbron: "..."

It's funny because of the possibilities:

a) Jay doesn't know what a flute is
b) Guru doesn't respect Jay enough to unleash the flutes when requested

That's pretty much it. And either one of those is :pachaha:

:russ::pachaha: unleash the flutes brehs

:deadmanny:

:dead:

:deadrose:

Last edited:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
the sample had flutes in the song.

HYDRO

Old Member
Daps
Reppin
N.W.I.
LOL at Guru being like, "Aight ya'll, tell him it was the dopest diss record you ever heard. That way he'll forget about the flutes"
Random dude in the studio, "Yeah, I'Il tell him it was way better than Super Ugly and Ether"
Guru, "NO DONT BRING UP SUPER UGLY AND DEFINETLY DONT BRING UP ETHER...this mother fukker might start crying again" Whole studio laughs, Jay walk out the booth.
Jay, "hey! what's everyone laughing about...you know what...never mind...i just wanna know how those flutes sounded on this shyt!:gladbron:"
Guru, ":dwillhuh::stopitslime::snoop:"

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
I always thought the "flutes" was a reference to the Roc A Fella Hot 97 freestyle session.

At one point Flex starts playing the "Nas is Like" beat and Beans request that Flex switch the beat up, cuz he doesn't like it "it has to many flutes and xylophones on it"...then Ether kinda sounds like it has flutes on it. "I got the flutes with me this time though", I always figured it had something to do with that otherwise it's OD random.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
That whole year after Ether was just loss after loss for Jay, SoHH was so live.

Dude had to retire to make up for that swagless ass year and come back once a new generation of fans/rappers had emerged.