Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
RIP to a legend.
He's my GOAT.
..best storyteller next to Slick Rick
Effortless, versatile flows
Had a great vocab without being lyrical miracle
Wrote 2 whole albums for others(Junior Mafia and Hardcore by Lil Kim)

Very preventable tragedy:snoop:

Puff was moving so fukkin stupid, its enraging:martin:

Last edited:

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
This thread suddenly made me feel old. I remember my cousin playing 'I'll Be Missing You' on repeat for like an hour once when I was at my aunt's house. I guess that was just a few months later.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
This thread suddenly made me feel old. I remember my cousin playing 'I'll Be Missing You' on repeat for like an hour once when I was at my aunt's house. I guess that was just a few months later.

we're probably all older than biggie/pac by now...:mjcry:

growing up they felt hella old...but they were young as fukk.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
The summer of 97 was interesting. Biggie and Pac both passed in the span of 6 months so that summer was like a giant healing process for rap and the music industry as a whole. I still wish Biggie had just decided to stay on the East Coast to promote his new album instead of going to California of all places, but that's neither here nor there now. :rip:

EDIT - There also seemed to be some unspoken rule that summer that if you didn't have someone in your video who was affiliated with Bad Boy, then your video was less likely to get play on MTV or BET too. :lolbron:

Last edited:

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
we're probably all older than biggie/pac by now...:mjcry:

growing up they felt hella old...but they were young as fukk.

True. I still think of them as older. Even though they had some ignorant songs, they also had deep songs, a lot of wisdom for their age.