25th Anniversary of The Passing of THEE Illest: RIP The Notorious Biggie Smalls

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
RIP :mjcry:

I'm having trouble reconciling the fact that it's been a quarter century since the day I was stood in my local second hand record store, talking to the owner like "The fukk you mean he's gone?:dwillhuh:"

At 24 we hadn’t even heard peak Big yet, that. .. is scary.

I feel like his age rarely gets talked about. People just see him as a finished article, but he had a lot more growing to do.

Forget current rappers at 24 having that talent, there's grown men now who were rapping at the same time as him, who still aren't as nice as he was. :mindblown:

Same thing with Pac at 25.

Last edited:

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
The greatest to ever do it

Long live Christopher Wallace
Still remember hearing the news on the radio that he had died, I was 7 at the time :mjcry:

I remember my pops getting Life After Death and blasting that shyt in the crib and us sitting there in amazement. The sounds was just mind blowing forreal

Last edited:

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Made songs 25 years ago that still can't be touched lyrically today

Examples

Who shot ya. Been 157 rappers to spit over that beat and no one has come close to touching that beat like Biggie did.

Kick in the door. Just a masterpiece

"Unbelievable" another masterpiece

Catch my drift or catch the four fifth lift, at least six inches above project fences, and from that point on that verse he just left earth.

At this point it's fair to say it will never be another and his music will be played forever

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
Still the most well rounded ever, could flip so many styles effortlessly. Elite lyricist, not on some lyrical miracle shyt but painting a picture, pulling you in, whether on something demonic, something street, something funny, something heartfelt, talking shyt with punchlines, you stopped and listened. Rhyme schemes very underrated, the way he'd pause in unconventional places in a phrase or wrap it around. Top 5 storyteller. Effortless charisma. In the GOAT conversation at 24 off two albums. Hip hop lost out on so much when BIG fell :mjcry:

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Are these the "remastered" songs :hhh: Or the classics ?

Some of the later versions of “Ready to Die” are missing the horns in the chorus. Probably a sample clearance issue. It’s originally from Ohio Players “Singing in the morning”