25 years ago.. the biggest botch in wrestling history occurred. “Botched storyline”

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hoegan wasn’t cowardly in the match , beats him clean and then he’s the one who gets screwed and HOEgan still didn’t even tap at the end

:mjlol:

Was supposed to be a legit fast count even bret followed script and said fast count wen everyone just saw a normal Three count HOEgan probably had something to do with that too
:scust:

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
another example of hoegans reign of terror:scust:

he probably saw what vince/kliq did in november and decided to screw sting with the referee:scust::dame:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I remember listening to The Lapsed Fan, and JP was talking about how they should have had Sting tear into Hogan. Like legit beat that ass, but lmao Hoegan is so bytch made, it didn't work for him brother.

Imagine this chaotic main event where the NWO comes out in the midst of Sting beating Hogan, only for the WCW boys to make sure shyt pops off the right way. I'm talking about a full fledge war between good and evil. Tradition vs Rebellion. Bodies everywhere outside the ring, while Sting and Hoegan go back and forth.

Out of nowhere, Bret Hart comes into the ring, knocking out Nick Patrick and bringing in Peewee. Hogan loses his shyt and Sting lays him out for the 1, 2, 3.

Starrcade 97 should have been more than just a big event. It should have been a omen to the death of the NWO. It should have been the PPV to put the nail in the coffin for WWF. Furthermore, it should have made Time Warner like "breh, keep this fake shyt on for another few years, but cut down the hour dammit".

We could be right now...watching Starrcade on WCW Universe Streaming Service for 9.99 a month :mjcry: . Life is so unfukking fair, breh :mjcry:
:deadrose:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I remember listening to The Lapsed Fan, and JP was talking about how they should have had Sting tear into Hogan. Like legit beat that ass, but lmao Hoegan is so bytch made, it didn't work for him brother.

Imagine this chaotic main event where the NWO comes out in the midst of Sting beating Hogan, only for the WCW boys to make sure shyt pops off the right way. I'm talking about a full fledge war between good and evil. Tradition vs Rebellion. Bodies everywhere outside the ring, while Sting and Hoegan go back and forth.

Out of nowhere, Bret Hart comes into the ring, knocking out Nick Patrick and bringing in Peewee. Hogan loses his shyt and Sting lays him out for the 1, 2, 3.

Starrcade 97 should have been more than just a big event. It should have been a omen to the death of the NWO. It should have been the PPV to put the nail in the coffin for WWF. Furthermore, it should have made Time Warner like "breh, keep this fake shyt on for another few years, but cut down the hour dammit".

We could be right now...watching Starrcade on WCW Universe Streaming Service for 9.99 a month :mjcry: . Life is so unfukking fair, breh :mjcry:
Damn when you put it that way :ohhh:

That visual would have been wild. On some “Endgame” shyt..

I don’t think it would have been the death blow to WWE cause they still had Austin, Rock, etc…but WCW would have for sure still been afloat.

Hoegan was really insecure about losing his spot that he would sabotage a whole angle just to make sure he looks strong :mjlol:

The 4 things that were the death blows to WCW were:

1. Botching the Sting/Hogan Starcade ending

2. How they ended Goldberg’s streak

3. The Finger Point Of Doom

4. Vince Russo’s booking

Bischoff allowing egos to run his booking will forever be the downfall of that company.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado

first time ever listening to this, but without saying it...Bischoff is saying Sting was pilled out of his mind that night.

While this may be true Bischoff is in the habit of defending his obsession with Hogan and is always looking to explain why some stupid idea he had was actually the right one. I'd take this with a grain of salt.

I don't care if Sting was quadriplegic the fast count was a bad idea.