21 Savage & Metro Boomin - SAVAGE MODE 2 (Discussion Thread)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Brehs, why did this album flop? Neither of the 2 singles "Runnin" & "Mr. Right Now" really blew up.
The album didn't flop though.
Yeah, I just looked it up & this project went Gold just like the 1st "Savage Mode" from 2016. But the 2 singles from this project weren't as big as the 2 singles from 1st "Savage Mode". Also the 1st "Savage Mode" was an EP, while this sequel joint is a full album. So the 1st SV going gold is more of a success than SVII going Gold.

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
OG or Chopped not Slopped stays in rotation. :wow: he got better lyrically from bein song ruinin on dat Offset x Metro 💿 to workin wit Cole n droppin that 💿 which made me a fan of this nut ass nikka:laff:

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yeah, I just looked it up & this project went Gold just like the 1st "Savage Mode" from 2016. But the 2 singles from this project weren't as big as the 2 singles from 1st "Savage Mode". Also the 1st "Savage Mode" was an EP, while this sequel joint is a full album. So the 1st SV going gold is more of a success than SVII going Gold.
I think this is a great full body of work for 21 but individually the songs don't stand out or are commercial enough to have any real hits on it.

Even the drake feature is kind of a dud as a single, mostly because 21 was singing on it, not drake

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

I think this is a great full body of work for 21 but individually the songs don't stand out or are commercial enough to have any real hits on it.

Even the drake feature is kind of a dud as a single, mostly because 21 was singing on it, not drake
I was shocked to find out that "Runnin" wasn't a hit. I used bump da fucc out of that joint.

I've never been able to get into the Drake feature track & I can't believe that it had much more success (or got more of a push) on radio than "Runnin". The funny thing about 21 Savage singing is I liked the couple of times he sang on the "Her Loss" album, specifically the "Hours in Silence" track.