21 Savage - American Dream (Discussion Thread)

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
A theme that Donald likes to explore is creating surrealism out of the banal, apathetic and cynical aspects of life. Another theme of Glovers work and attitude is reframing the experiences and art of Black Americans as something to be celebrated and romantic about instead of hyper focusing on the bad. Glover has said that Migos were "The Beatles of this generation" and that Tay-k was akin to Wild West outlaw Jesse James and I dont think he was joking or being hyperbolic, he sincerely believes that.

I see this American Dream project as inspired by these themes. It will have some autobiographical influence but mostly be a tongue in cheek satire of bio pics focusing on the complex journey of 21 but ironically with the understanding that 21 has no explicit substance to him or his art.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
A theme that Donald likes to explore is creating surrealism out of the banal, apathetic and cynical aspects of life. Another theme of Glovers work and attitude is reframing the experiences and art of Black Americans as something to be celebrated and romantic about instead of hyper focusing on the bad. Glover has said that Migos were "The Beatles of this generation" and that Tay-k was akin to Wild West outlaw Jesse James and I dont think he was joking or being hyperbolic, he sincerely believes that.

I see this American Dream project as inspired by these themes. It will have some autobiographical influence but mostly be a tongue in cheek satire of bio pics focusing on the complex journey of 21 but ironically with the understanding that 21 has no explicit substance to him or his art.

I’m sorry but that could be stupidest fukking comparison I’ve ever heard.

The breh is talented but he just loves to hear himself talk. My god.

Last edited:

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps

Yeah this is 100% a meta spoof of rap biopics…the utter ridiculousness of the casting and overdramatic bullshyt reimagining of the artist’s origin story here got me :mjlol:

I’m fukking with it

Reminds me of the TV shows within the first couple seasons of Insecure or that one episode of Atlanta where it was a 30 min bloc of an in universe TV channel…..shyt is GTA radio type comedy