2024 UPDATE!! Altman: prepare for AI to be "uncomfortable" 33% US jobs gone..SKYNET, AI medical advances? BASIC INCOME? 1st AI MOVIE! AI MAYOR!!

BoBurnz

Superstar
Daps
CDL drivers are going to get hit the hardest, it's the largest job sector in the US. It's gonna get real bad when they no longer need someone sitting in the cab with the automated trucks.

The time is coming where UBI is a necessity to avoid a large scale violent uprising. And I have less and less faith by the day we'll get there.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Of course we are. It's just that companies and the government know we're not yet prepared for the resulting chaos. We have the technology to wipe out truckers, fast food workers and even more manufacturing right now.

Can't tell me the automation isn't available yet....

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
If 2030 is the timetable then I think self driving cars will be the big job killer.

All my CDL brehs better get their certs up.

It'll all be worth it just to avoid conversation with the uber driver :blessed:
Driving cars are not happening any time soon. The tech exists but it will be decades before it's ready for prime time

And I think the elimination of certain kinds of work will create other work as it always has. Bold proclamations like this are great free press even if they are complete bullshyt

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I'm afraid of self driving vehicles. What if they malfunction, and crash, and kill people? How do they work during rush hour, and change lanes?
I don't trust it either and would never ride in one
I mean I ponder this as well. How do automated cars deal with entitled wealthy a$$holes shifting through lanes and ,making left turns from the far right lane at an intersection filled with kids, that just got out of school......

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I'm afraid of self driving vehicles. What if they malfunction, and crash, and kill people? How do they work during rush hour, and change lanes?
It’s only a problem with humans involved. The more robots the less crashes. No robot is going to try and rush a yellow light. A robot won’t go 60 in a 40.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
The Future of Autonomous Robots

Most industrial robots today are programmed to follow a very strict set of instructions and move in predefined ways through their space. That makes them very good at jobs where they repeat the same movements over and over in exactly the same way. But when we ask a robot to move through an unpredictable environment, this kind of preprogramming doesn’t work. The robot needs to be able to “see” its environment and adjust its motions in response.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
You all act if technological advancement doesn't move at breakneck speed these days. This is not the pre 1950s.
Major technology shifts occur within a decade now - that's a fair point. But you're acting as if there aren't cultural and infrastructural changes that have to accompany these shifts.

I don't think anyone disagrees that a great deal of the workforce will be automated one day, I think people are underestimating everything else that needs to change. Especially if you're going to put a third of that workforce out of work in 12 years.