Votes: 69 40.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Everyday it becomes more and more clear why Kamala dropped out of the 2020 primaries so early and had less support from black women than ppl like Elizabeth Warren
She's really not that likeable or relatable. The only redeeming quality of these last couple of trash Democratic nominees (Hillary, Biden, Kamala) is them not being Trump :francis:
We need Dems to correct shyt that they allowed Republicans to get in position to pass and that's pretty much all I expect from them the next 8-12 yrs

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus

This type of stuff matters to really stupid people and Lamont Hill is absolutely one of them

These dudes want to be racist cacs so bad

Man breh.

The disdain for other black people on this section of the forum is just bananas to me.

And it's never not just celebrities or famous people either too.

It's just very mango to me.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I saw this and thought the same thing but Black people ain't over represented in Unions like that right? :patrice: I think she was trying a "working class" accent and this was the result.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I wonder why we’ve never heard her use an Indian accent.
full

It’ll come out

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
thats just in the hoods in north east or london

Trinis americans or any carribean americans who weren't raised in the hood don't take up after their parents accents

and Kamala is from California. the good majority of first generational americans, like Kamala have standard or region american accents
:obama:Thank you for confirming a study I often reference.

Arthur (2000) stated that most participants in his study of first generation African immigrants “acknowledged that their foreign backgrounds made it difficult, if not impossible, to grasp the meaning of lack-White polarization in American society” (pp. 73-74). Ogbu & Simons (1998) suggest that many Black immigrants are voluntary immigrants who come to the United States for economic reasons, social mobility and educational opportunities. As a result, they may be more optimistic about overcoming racial barriers in the United States or see these barriers as less significant than African Americans (Ogbu & Simons, 1998). Additionally, because of racial discrimination, some Black immigrants actively work against being perceived as African American, as a protective form of social distancing (Jackson, 2010). Social distancing by Black immigrants can include the use of cultural objects (e.g. national flags, accents) to highlight an ethnic/foreign identity that can protect from racial stereotypes and prejudices that are projected towards African Americans (Jackson, 2010; Vickerman, 2001; Waters 1999). ). Another form of social distancing includes avoiding close relationships with African Americans.

https://www.iastatedigitalpress.com/jctp/article/591/galley/471/view/

Re-reading it, this whole paragraph could be about Kamala. :skip: