• Nígga Please

Votes: 69 40.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/14
Today, a Georgia Congresswoman, state legislators & faith leaders urged Gov. Brian Kemp to remove members of the Georgia State Election Board.

The unelected, Trump-aligned board members violated Georgia law & passed new election rules that conflict with state law.

Details. ⬇️

2/14
GA Sen. @NabilahIslam: Recently, I filed a formal complaint against 3 members of the Georgia State Election Board…who have violated the very principles they swore to uphold…These individuals have taken deliberate actions that interfere with free and fair elections in our state.

3/14
GA Sen. @NabilahIslam: The State Election Board does not exist to help Republicans win elections or to enrich its members. Today, I stand before you to demand that Governor Kemp take immediate action.

4/14
Congresswoman @LucyMcBath: Make no mistake, what is unfolding in Georgia is nothing less than a concerted effort to subvert democracy and move us backwards.

5/14
Congresswoman @LucyMcBath: And in 2020, too, Donald Trump blatantly attempted to reverse the results of our election, something we are used to seeing in dictatorships throughout the world, but not here at home.

6/14
.@LucyMcBath: The Georgia Election Board is becoming an equal coconspirator in this effort to suppress our votes. With passing this new rule, they're creating barriers to counting votes and certifying the elections so Trump can once again attempt to throw our country into chaos.

7/14
Rep. @SamForGeorgia: Georgia law grants Governor Kemp the authority to investigate and remove election board members if they’ve violated the law. Even though Governor Kemp supports Trump’s run for president, he should agree: Trump must win Georgians’ votes fair and square.

8/14
Rep. @SamForGeorgia: 3 pro-Trump members of Georgia Election Board are overstepping their authority by changing our election rules after Trump praised them. They passed new rules that could enable Trump and his allies to obstruct certification of Georgia's 2024 election results.

9/14
Rep. @SairaForGeorgia: The state election board has been taken over by far right MAGA extremists. The new majority is made of Trump loyalists…willing to ignore the Constitution…if that means getting Donald Trump back in power.

10/14
Rep. @SairaForGeorgia: You've got 3 hyper partisan, unelected individuals executing a plan to nullify the votes of millions of Georgians if Kamala Harris wins our state.

11/14
Rep. @SairaForGeorgia: Gov. Kemp, you and your party talk a lot about the election integrity...Georgians know that the highest form of election integrity is allowing election results to reflect the will of the voters, no matter what that is. The time to take a stand is now.

12/14
Attorney Wayne Kendall on Gov. Kemp’s authority (GA Code § 45-10-4) to investigate members of the State Election Board. The governor must send a request to the Office of Administrative Hearings, who appoints an administrative law judge to hold a hearing on the issue.

13/14
While Sen. @NabilahIslam was speaking, Gov. Brian Kemp sent her letter over to the Attorney General, seeking guidance on his authority to remove the MAGA State Election Board Members. GA Code § 45-10-4 is clear and gives him the authority.

14/14
UPDATE: The DNC & @GeorgiaDemocrat have filed a lawsuit against Trump-backed changes to Georgia election rules made by the State Election Board.

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GV643FvXoAAtdiV.jpg

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/3
This is *huge*: More than 200 Bush, McCain, and Romney staffers have just endorsed Kamala Harris & Tim Walz. The latest Harris-Walz press release highlighting their courage & bravery is worth reading & sharing. Thank you from all of us.

2/3
Read the full letter HERE signed by these staffers here. Very powerful and every Republican should take the time to read it. There is a home for everyone in the Harris-Walz campaign. If you care about your country, join us: DocumentCloud

3/3
"We’re heartfully calling on these friends, colleagues, neighbors, & family members to take a brave stand once more, to vote for leaders that...will work to unite, not divide; that will make our country and our children proud. Those leaders are VP Kamala Harris & Gov. Tim Walz."

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GV77AayWIAAT_Np.jpg

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
@AnonymityX1000 - Told you. Tulsi was always a piece of trash.

:mjpls:
Tulsi was always this person. She never truly supported progressive causes, she only paid them lip service. She's right at home with the likes of Trump, Vance and RFK Jr.

This is even more true today.

7qXhYEz.jpeg

David Duke loved her too. She's right at home.

Last edited:

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights

1/3
This is *huge*: More than 200 Bush, McCain, and Romney staffers have just endorsed Kamala Harris & Tim Walz. The latest Harris-Walz press release highlighting their courage & bravery is worth reading & sharing. Thank you from all of us.

2/3
Read the full letter HERE signed by these staffers here. Very powerful and every Republican should take the time to read it. There is a home for everyone in the Harris-Walz campaign. If you care about your country, join us: DocumentCloud

3/3
"We’re heartfully calling on these friends, colleagues, neighbors, & family members to take a brave stand once more, to vote for leaders that...will work to unite, not divide; that will make our country and our children proud. Those leaders are VP Kamala Harris & Gov. Tim Walz."

GV77AayWIAAT_Np.jpg

This doesn't move the needle. The pre Trump GOP presidential candidates are viewed as dinosaurs

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Trump Says We ‘Gotta’ Restrict the First Amendment​

The former president vowed to torch free-speech protections days after RFK Jr. touted him as anti-censorship

August 26, 2024

Republican presidential nominee former President Donald Trump speaks at the National Guard Association of the United States' 146th General Conference, Monday, Aug. 26, 2024, in Detroit. (AP Photo/Paul Sancya)

Donald Trump speaks at the National Guard Association of the United States' 146th General Conference, Monday, Aug. 26, 2024, in Detroit. AP Photo/Paul Sancya

On Friday, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. made a show of selectively exiting the presidential race and throwing his support behind Donald Trump, hailing the former president as a champion of free speech. Less than a week later, Trump is already promising to crush First Amendment protections if elected in November.

On Monday, Trump complained about pushback to a proposal to sentence people to a year in jail for burning the American flag.

“I wanna get a law passed […] You burn an American flag, you go to jail for one year. Gotta do it — you gotta do it,” Trump said.

“They say, ‘Sir, that’s unconstitutional.’ We’ll make it constitutional.”

Donald Trump proposes making burning an American flag punishable by 1-year in prison.

In 1989, the Supreme Court upheld the right for protesters to burn flags after Gregory Lee Johnson did so at the RNC in Dallas. pic.twitter.com/qi87KUCWis

— FOX 4 NEWS (@FOX4) August 26, 2024
People may tell Trump that jailing anyone who burns the flag is unconstitutional because burning the flag is protected by the First Amendment. In 1989, the Supreme Court ruled in Texas v. Johnson that while the desecration of the flag may be objectionable, “If there is a bedrock principle underlying the First Amendment, it is that the government may not prohibit the expression of an idea simply because society finds the idea itself offensive or disagreeable.”

RFK Jr. has long claimed that the government is censoring him in various ways, and on Friday blamed his failed attempt at a viable run for the presidency on “16 months of censorship, of not being able to get on any network really except for Fox.”

Kennedy added that the Democratic Party had “become the party of the war, censorship, corruption, Big Pharma, Big Tech, big money.” He cited Trump’s stances on free speech, the war in Ukraine, and the war on children as his justification for endorsing the former president. “These are the principal causes that persuaded me to leave the Democratic Party and run as an independent, and now to throw my support to President Trump,” he said.

The endorsement may have also had something to do with Trump’s receptiveness to bringing Kennedy into his administration if he wins. Earlier this month The Washington Post reported that Kennedy’s campaign had attempted to secure meetings with Vice President Kamala Harris’ campaign to discuss a potential role for him in her administration should she win the White House — to no avail. Kennedy held similar discussions with the Trump campaign in the time period surrounding the Republican National Convention.

“He invited me to form a unity government. We agreed that we’d be able to continue to criticize each other on the issues where we don’t agree,” Kennedy said on Friday of his conversations with Trump on Friday.

Trump donor Omeed Malik told NBC News that same day that while Kennedy had not been explicitly promised a cabinet-level position, “should they be successful, there are plenty of roles,” where Kennedy might be placed. “I think the area of health is one,” Malik added of the vaccine conspiracy theorist.

Trump has said publicly that he would consider inviting Kennedy into his administration. “I like him a lot. I respect him a lot,” Trump said when asked ahead of Kennedy’s endorsement last week if he would consider appointing Kennedy to a role in his administration if he won. “I probably would, if something like that would happen. He’s a very different kind of a guy — a very smart guy. And, yeah, I would be honored by that endorsement, certainly.”

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
kennedy family is pissed at RFK jr for endorsing trump.

RFK Jr.’s sister blasts him for ‘inexplicable effort’ to ‘set fire to my father’s memory’
by Lauren Sforza - 08/25/24 6:54 PM ET

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s sister blasted him for his endorsement of former President Trump, saying that it is an “inexplicable effort” to tarnish their father’s memory.

Kerry Kennedy, the sister of the former presidential candidate, ripped her brother for embracing Trump on MSNBC’s “Inside with Jen Psaki.” Her brother threw his support behind Trump on Friday after suspending his own campaign.

“So I’m outraged and disgusted by my brother’s gaudy and obscene embrace of Donald Trump. And I completely get out and separate and dissociate myself from Robert Kennedy Jr. in this flagrant and inexplicable effort to desecrate and trample and set fire to my father’s memory,” Kerry Kennedy said Sunday.

Members of Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s family, including Kerry Kennedy, spoke out Friday against his endorsement of the former president in a statement, saying that it was “a betrayal of the values that our father and our family hold most dear.”

Kerry Kennedy reiterated Sunday her support for Vice President Harris and Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz (D). She said her father “would have detested almost everything Donald Trump represents” if he was alive today.

“I think … the stakes this November couldn’t be higher, which is exactly why my whole family will be fighting so hard to reelect Kamala Harris and Coach Walz, who’ve been champions for the values that my family has fought for, for years,” she said.

“Donald Trump is the polar opposite. He’s a threat to most basic freedoms that are core to who we are as Americans, the right for women to control our bodies, the right to live in communities safe from gun violence, to love who you love,” she added.

His family has regularly dismissed RFK Jr.’s independent candidacy since he first launched his presidential bid last year. Kerry Kennedy also emphasized the importance of November’s election and ensuring that Trump is defeated.

“I think that Donald Trump is incredibly dangerous to us. And I think what Bobby has done here is anathema to everything. Not only [what] our family stands for, but what Bobby has given his life to. You know, he spent so many years out there working on protecting the environment. And that’s the opposite of what Trump plans to do,” she said.