• Nígga Please

Votes: 69 40.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/11
🧵UAW Files Federal Labor Charges Against Donald Trump and Elon Musk for Attempting to Intimidate and Threaten Workers

2/11
The UAW has filed federal labor charges against disgraced billionaires Donald Trump and Elon Musk for their illegal attempts to threaten and intimidate workers who stand up for themselves by engaging in protected concerted activity, such as strikes.

3/11
After significant technical delays on X, formerly known as Twitter, Trump and Musk had a rambling, disorganized conversation on Monday evening in front of over one million listeners in which they advocated for the illegal firing of striking workers.

4/11
“I mean, I look at what you do,” Trump told Musk. “You walk in, you say, You want to quit? They go on strike, I won’t mention the name of the company, but they go on strike and you say, That’s OK, you’re all gone. You’re all gone. So, every one of you is gone.”

5/11
Under federal law, workers cannot be fired for going on strike, and threatening to do so is illegal under the National Labor Relations Act.

6/11
“When we say Donald Trump is a scab, this is what we mean. When we say Trump stands against everything our union stands for, this is what we mean,” said UAW President Shawn Fain.

7/11
“Donald Trump will always side against workers standing up for themselves, and he will always side with billionaires like Elon Musk, who is contributing $45 million a month to a Super PAC to get him elected. Both Trump and Musk want working-class people to sit down and shut up, and they laugh about it openly. It’s disgusting, illegal, and totally predictable from these two clowns.” @ShawnFainUAW /search?q=#StandUpUAW

8/11
Lmao Elon is really worrie🤣👇🏼

9/11
Y’all are so mad that Trump and Elon had an open conversation on X that you filed charges against them

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

10/11
Not to be that guy but this is literally illegal and a violation of the constitution. Elon Musk is their boss so he can fire them for whatever reason he wants to. I once got fired for eating an extra french fry off someone’s plate during my shift as a dishwasher and I deserved it. I learned my lesson and knew never to do this again

11/11
Lmao so predictable. No wonder everyone hates you😂😂

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

bnew

Veteran
Daps

NewsWorldAmericasUS politics

Bizarre moment Trump says ‘beautiful’ Kamala Harris looks like wife Melania in Elon Musk X interview​

‘I saw a picture of her on Time Magazine today. She looks like the most beautiful actress ever to live,’ the former president said of his presidential rival​

James Liddell

7 hours ago

Comments

Donald Trump bizarrely said that his Democratic presidential rival Kamala Harris looks like his wife Melania Trump in his rambling interview with Elon Musk on Monday night.

The former president joined the tech billionaire on X Spaces for what was billed as a game changing “conversation,” but actually ended up being a more than two-hour-long very friendly interview that was instantly beset with tech problems – not to mention questions about Trump’s apparent lisp.

In the interview, Trump launched into a scathing critique of Harris calling her a “terrible” leader, before he swiftly drifted to fawning over her “beautiful” appearance.

“We need smart people, and people that have the ability to lead. She doesn’t have that ability. Can you imagine her with chairman Xi [Jinpin, President of the People’s Republic of China],” he said, speaking with a distinct lisp.

Musk, who remained agreeable throughout the two-hour interview, admitted that it “would be silly”.
“She is terrible, she is terrible,” Trump doubled down. “She’s getting a free ride.”

The former president then abruptly segwayed into talking about Harris’s looks, drawing comparison between her and the former first lady.
“I saw a picture of her on Time Magazine today. She looks like the most beautiful actress ever to live,” Trump said of Harris, referring to the latest edition of Time Magazine, which brands Harris’s campaign as “the swiftest vibe shift in modern political history.”

Trump drew comparisons between the ‘beautiful’ Vice President Kamala Harris and former first lady Melania Trump

Trump drew comparisons between the ‘beautiful’ Vice President Kamala Harris and former first lady Melania Trump (AP)
“She looked very much like our great first lady, Melania,” Trump gushed as Musk met his comment with an awkward chuckle and a reserved, “yeah…”

“She didn’t look like Camilla,” Trump said, purposely butchering Harris’ name. “Of course, she’s a beautiful woman and we’ll leave it at that.”
“Right… well yeah, well, you know,” Musk said, before scrambling to change the subject and entering into a monologue about the American dream.

Musk, a self-styled “free speech absolutist”, vowed to use his X platform as a political tool to fight what he calls the “woke mind virus.”

But the hotly-anticipated live-stream was marred with issues from the offset, being hit with a 40-minute delay due to what Musk claimed was a cyberattack.

Harris’ face was splashed across the latest issue of Time Magazine

Harris’ face was splashed across the latest issue of Time Magazine (Time Magazine)

Eventually overcoming technical glitches, the interview got under way at around 8.40pm ET with Musk peppering Trump with softball questions.

The former president continued to duck and weave past the tech moguls attempts to get him to discuss policy, instead reverting to typical soundbites – including more than 20 false claims, according to a CNN fact check – and attacks on senior Democrats.

Among his familiar untruths were his repeated false claims that Venezuela is sending murderers and rapists to the US and that the ocean will rise an eighth of an inch every 400 years – when it will rise more than that each year.

Donald Trump, right, was interviewed virtually by Elon Musk on Monday evening on X

Donald Trump, right, was interviewed virtually by Elon Musk on Monday evening on X (AP)

Trump also gushed that Kim Jong Un “really likes me” after the pair shared dinner together, before declaring him as the “absolute boss” of North Korea.

He also expressed his admiration for Musk’s authoritative leadership style, declaring him the “greatest cutter” for firing his staff if they complain about working conditions.

Musk publicly endorsed Trump’s presidential bid last month, marking a complete U-turn from the 2020 election where he sided with President Joe Biden and the Democrats.

Hours after the Trump-Musk interview, the tech tyc00n said that he is also willing to interview Harris ahead of the November election.
“Happy to host Kamala on an 𝕏 Spaces too,” he wrote on his social media platform.

Harris’s campaign team meanwhile responded to the interview with a scathing statement calling Trump and Musk “self-obsessed rich guys who will sell out the middle class and who cannot run a livestream in the year 2024.”

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

1/11
🧵UAW Files Federal Labor Charges Against Donald Trump and Elon Musk for Attempting to Intimidate and Threaten Workers

2/11
The UAW has filed federal labor charges against disgraced billionaires Donald Trump and Elon Musk for their illegal attempts to threaten and intimidate workers who stand up for themselves by engaging in protected concerted activity, such as strikes.

3/11
After significant technical delays on X, formerly known as Twitter, Trump and Musk had a rambling, disorganized conversation on Monday evening in front of over one million listeners in which they advocated for the illegal firing of striking workers.

4/11
“I mean, I look at what you do,” Trump told Musk. “You walk in, you say, You want to quit? They go on strike, I won’t mention the name of the company, but they go on strike and you say, That’s OK, you’re all gone. You’re all gone. So, every one of you is gone.”

5/11
Under federal law, workers cannot be fired for going on strike, and threatening to do so is illegal under the National Labor Relations Act.

6/11
“When we say Donald Trump is a scab, this is what we mean. When we say Trump stands against everything our union stands for, this is what we mean,” said UAW President Shawn Fain.

7/11
“Donald Trump will always side against workers standing up for themselves, and he will always side with billionaires like Elon Musk, who is contributing $45 million a month to a Super PAC to get him elected. Both Trump and Musk want working-class people to sit down and shut up, and they laugh about it openly. It’s disgusting, illegal, and totally predictable from these two clowns.” @ShawnFainUAW /search?q=#StandUpUAW

8/11
Lmao Elon is really worrie🤣👇🏼

9/11
Y’all are so mad that Trump and Elon had an open conversation on X that you filed charges against them

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

10/11
Not to be that guy but this is literally illegal and a violation of the constitution. Elon Musk is their boss so he can fire them for whatever reason he wants to. I once got fired for eating an extra french fry off someone’s plate during my shift as a dishwasher and I deserved it. I learned my lesson and knew never to do this again

11/11
Lmao so predictable. No wonder everyone hates you😂😂

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

Everyone trying to get this orange fakkit out the paint except @TripleAgent @TallMan_J @ORDER_66 @Big Boda

bnew

Veteran
Daps

News outlets were leaked insider material from the Trump campaign. They chose not to print it​

By DAVID BAUDER

Updated 9:14 AM EDT, August 13, 2024

At least three news outlets were leaked confidential material from inside the Donald Trump campaign, including its report vetting JD Vance as a vice presidential candidate. So far, each has refused to reveal any details about what they received.

Instead, Politico, The New York Times and The Washington Post have written about a potential hack of the campaign and described what they had in broad terms.

Their decisions stand in marked contrast to the 2016 presidential campaign, when a Russian hack exposed emails to and from Hillary Clinton’s campaign manager, John Podesta. The website Wikileaks published a trove of these embarrassing missives, and mainstream news organizations covered them avidly.

Politico wrote over the weekend about receiving emails starting July 22 from a person identified as “Robert” that included a 271-page campaign document about Vance and a partial vetting report on Sen. Marco Rubio, who was also considered as a potential vice president. Both Politico and the Post said that two people had independently confirmed that the documents were authentic.

“Like many such vetting documents,” The Times wrote of the Vance report, “they contained past statements with the potential to be embarrassing or damaging, such as Mr. Vance’s remarks casting aspersions on Mr. Trump.”

Whodunit?​

What’s unclear is who provided the material. Politico said it did not know who “Robert” was and that when it spoke to the supposed leaker, he said, “I suggest you don’t be curious about where I got them from.”

The Trump campaign said it had been hacked and that Iranians were behind it. While the campaign provided no evidence for the claim, it came a day after a Microsoft report detailed an effort by an Iranian military intelligence unit to compromise the email account of a former senior advisor to a presidential campaign. The report did not specify which campaign.

Steven Cheung, a spokesperson for Trump’s campaign, said over the weekend that “any media or news outlet reprinting documents or internal communications are doing the bidding of America’s enemies.”

The FBI released a brief statement Monday that read: “We can confirm the FBI is investigating this matter.”

The Times said it would not discuss why it had decided not to print details of the internal communications. A spokesperson for the Post said: “As with any information we receive, we take into account the authenticity of the materials, any motives of the source and assess the public interest in making decisions about what, if anything, to publish.”

Brad Dayspring, a spokesperson for Politico, said editors there judged that “the questions surrounding the origins of the documents and how they came to our attention were more newsworthy than the material that was in those documents.”

Indeed, it didn’t take long after Vance was announced as Trump’s running mate for various news organizations to dig up unflattering statements that the Ohio senator had made about him.

A lesson from 2016?​

It’s also easy to recall how, in 2016, candidate Trump and his team encouraged coverage of documents on the Clinton campaign that Wikileaks had acquired from hackers. It was widespread: A BBC story promised “18 revelations from Wikileaks’ hacked Clinton emails” and Vox even wrote about Podesta’s advice for making superb risotto.

Brian Fallon, then a Clinton campaign spokesperson, noted at the time how striking it was that concern about Russian hacking quickly gave way to fascination over what was revealed. “Just like Russia wanted,” he said.

Unlike this year, the Wikileaks material was dumped into the public domain, increasing the pressure on news organizations to publish. That led to some bad decisions: In some cases, outlets misrepresented some of the material to be more damaging to Clinton than it actually was, said Kathleen Hall Jamieson, a University of Pennsylvania communications professor who wrote “Cyberwar,” a book about the 2016 hacking.

This year, Jamieson said she believed news organizations made the right decision not to publish details of the Trump campaign material because they can’t be sure of the source.

“How do you know that you’re not being manipulated by the Trump campaign?” Jamieson said. She’s conservative about publishing decisions “because we’re in the misinformation age,” she said.

Thomas Rid, director of the Alperovitch Institute for Cybersecurity Studies at Johns Hopkins, also believes that the news organizations have made the right decision, but for different reasons. He said it appeared that an effort by a foreign agent to influence the 2024 presidential campaign was more newsworthy than the leaked material itself.

But one prominent journalist, Jesse Eisinger, senior reporter and editor at ProPublica, suggested the outlets could have told more than they did. While it’s true that past Vance statements about Trump are easily found publicly, the vetting document could have indicated which statements most concerned the campaign, or revealed things the journalists didn’t know.

Once it is established that the material is accurate, newsworthiness is a more important consideration than the source, he said.

“I don’t think they handled it properly,” Eisinger said. “I think they overlearned the lesson of 2016.”

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Everyone trying to get this orange fakkit out the paint except @TripleAgent @TallMan_J @ORDER_66 @Big Boda

:snoop: jesus christ other groups will vote for trump you got smoke for them or just us...:beli:
I thought this was a DEMOCRACY.... we have voting rights we can voice our opinion and vote for who the fukk we want... or dont vote!!!:stopitslime:

This bytch will do NOTHING for black folks your voting for nothing you fukking retard...

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Ellie Quinlan Houghtaling/

August 13, 2024/11:22 a.m. ET

Here’s What Scares Republicans Most About a Harris Win​

Mitch McConnell is terrified Kamala Harris will enact policies that end up kneecapping the Republican Party.​

Kamala Harris and Tim Walz wave as they get off the Air Force Two plane

Ronda Churchill/AFP/Getty Images

The day after Minnesota Governor Tim Walz was announced as Kamala Harris’s choice for vice president, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told a crowd of lawmakers in Louisville, Kentucky, that a Harris administration would spell certain doom for the Republican Party.

“Let’s assume our worst nightmare—the Democrats went to the White House, the House, the Senate,” McConnell said during his keynote speech at the National Conference of State Legislators Legislative Summit last week, according to Spectrum News. “The first thing they’ll do is get rid of the [Senate] filibuster. Second, you’ll have two new states: D.C., Puerto Rico. That’s four new Democratic senators in perpetuity.”

Puerto Rico will vote on a nonbinding ballot measure in November to determine the territory’s future political status, with voters being given three options, all of which would change its official status: statehood, independence, or independence with free association. It will be the seventh time that the island’s 3.2 million people vote to define their political relationship with the United States. Harris has not yet taken an official stance on the vote.

McConnell insisted that next on the historically moderate Democrat’s agenda would be to place as many liberal justices on the Supreme Court as possible, noting that doing so would be “unconstitutional”—while apparently ignoring the fact that that’s exactly what Donald Trump did to achieve SCOTUS’s current conservative supermajority.

“If they get those two new states and pack the Supreme Court, they’ll get what they want,” McConnell said.

Ultimately, McConnell believes that the Harris-Walz ticket “represents the far left of the Democratic Party.

“And by the way, that’s most Democrats today,” he added.

Following the address, Kentucky Senate President Robert Stivers broke down the Republican perspective on why Harris turned to Walz as her right hand.
“They’re trying to appeal to a rural voter that they have not appealed to in years,” Stivers said, reported Spectrum. “Now, whether they can or they can’t, that becomes a good question, and I think that will be based on the policies that they put forward. And hopefully, that’s what we get into.”

bnew

Veteran
Daps

JD Vance’s ‘Jobs for Hillbillies’ Start-Up Employed Migrants Instead​

KENTUCKY FRIED CATASTROPHE
‘Weird’ wonderboy Vance’s Kentucky venture AppHarvest collapsed into bankruptcy last year after staggering along against a slew of complaints over dangerous working conditions.

Will Neal

Will Neal​

Freelance Reporter

Updated Aug. 13, 2024 1:51PM EDT / Published Aug. 13, 2024 11:47AM EDT

Vance on August 07, 2024.

Adam Bettcher/Getty Images​

For a self-proclaimed ‘hillbilly hero’ it seems JD Vance doesn’t much care for the little man, if new revelations about one of the vice-presidential candidate’s former ventures are anything to go by.

Before collapsing under the weight of hundreds of millions of dollars worth of debt, AppHarvest was touted as the herald of a new, tech-savvy era of farming in Eastern Kentucky. Last year, the firm filed for bankruptcy after years of pursuing aggressive growth, in part by prioritizing migrant workers from Central America despite early pledges of employment opportunities for impoverished local communities.

By that point, the company had already come under a slew of complaints over unsafe working conditions, such as employees being provided with poor quality gear and insufficient water breaks while toiling in greenhouses where temperatures are alleged to have regularly soared into triple digits. “It was a nightmare that should never have happened,” as one worker told CNN.

AppHarvest’s failures further tarnishes the image of a working man’s champion that helped catapult Vance to the top of the Republican campaign alongside Donald Trump. “I grew up in Middletown, Ohio, a small town where people spoke their minds, built with their hands and loved their God, their family, their community and their country with their whole hearts,” Vance told the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee last month. “But it was also a place that had been cast aside and forgotten by America’s ruling class in Washington.”

Such comments stand in stark contrast to testimony from AppHarvest’s workers. “Eastern Kentucky is well-known for people coming and going. They start up companies, then they disappear,” Anthony Morgan, a former worker at the firm, said in the recent CNN report. “They didn’t care about us.”

“Making the decision to go work at AppHarvest, like many of us made, the livelihood just went right down the drain,” Morgan added. “I blame all of the original investors.”

A senior company manager told CNN: “The allegations made against AppHarvest do not reflect matters discussed at board meetings during JD’s tenure — for obvious reasons. AppHarvest implemented robust heat policies when temperatures rose in the summer, months after JD’s departure, continued to cover 100% of employees’ health insurance premiums until mid-2022, and maintained a workforce dedicated to Appalachia throughout its existence.”

Riding hot off the back of the tearaway success of his bestselling 2016 memoir Hillbilly Elegy, Senate filings indicate Vance joined the board at AppHarvest in 2017, though the firm’s own documents state he joined three years later. He would go on to help channel millions of dollars worth of investments into the company, with its stated mission of creating local jobs by developing vertical, self-contained farming hubs in the Kentucky heartlands.

Farm worker Morgan says that by late 2020, the working culture underwent a significant shift, with cuts to healthcare benefits and longer hours in a push to meet ballooning production quotas. Bleeding employees, AppHarvest turned to hiring migrant workers in a bid to keep up the pace, eventually finding itself slapped with shareholder lawsuits over steady losses from the beginning of 2021.

A spokesperson for Vance, who left AppHarvest’s board that April but continued to hold $100,000 in the firm, said in response to the recent report the vice presidential candidate was “not aware of the operational decisions regarding hiring” and that “like all early supporters [he] believed in AppHarvest’s mission and wishes the company would have succeeded.”