Votes: 103 59.9%
  • Nígga Please

Votes: 69 40.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Fox News hit Pete Buttigieg with a gotcha question on Trump vs. Harris. It didn’t go well for them​

• Updated: Jul. 28, 2024, 12:40 p.m.
  • Published: Jul. 28, 2024, 12:39 p.m.

Transportation Secretary stops in Birmingham

U.S. Department of Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg has been a rough interview for Fox News. (Greg Garrison | AL.com)ggarrison@al.com

By Kevin Manahan | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Sooner or later, Fox News producers and hosts will learn a lesson: So far, several attempts to corner Pete Buttigieg with (what they believe are) clever questions has backfired.

In honor of the Summer Olympics happening now in Paris, we’ll say this: Buttigieg is one of the nation’s most skilled political gymnasts.

On Fox News Sunday, host Shannon Bream asked Buttigieg — the Transportation Secretary who has been floated as Vice President Kamala Harris’ running mate — if President Joe Biden was aware of how badly he had been doing in polling against Donald Trump.

The answer wasn’t what Bream expected, because she tried to interrupt, but Buttigieg wouldn’t allow it.

“I’m aware of how he was doing. We’re all aware of how he’s doing,” Buttigieg said. “Our country has watched our president lead, and yes, we’ve also seen the fact that he’s 10 years older than he was 10 years ago. But unlike Republicans, who in Trump’s personality cult will take a look at Donald Trump and say he’s perfectly fine, even though he seemed unable to tell the difference between Nikki Haley and Nancy Pelosi, even though he’s rambling about electrocuting sharks and Hannibal Lecter, even though he is clearly older and stranger than he was when America first got to know him.

“They say he’s strong as an ox, leaps tall buildings in a single bound. We don’t have that kind of warped reality on our side.

“On the contrary, the president confronted that reality in what must have been one of the most difficult decisions for an American president to make ever. And he did something that I don’t think Donald Trump could even conceive of doing, which is putting his own interests aside for the country.”

While most political analysts say it’s unlikely Harris will pick Buttigieg — the former South Bend, Ind., mayor and naval officer, who is gay — his stock is rising fast. Already known for his smiling but devastating takedowns, he is blitzing the airwaves as a Harris defender while his digital staff publishes clips of each of his stinging attacks on Trump and running mate JD Vance.

According to Politico, a Buttigieg ally in Indiana — reportedly acting independently of Buttigieg — has compiled a dossier evaluating Harris’ options. The conclusion on Buttigieg: “Simply put, the vibes are high right now.”

However, Harris confidants and allies remain skeptical about his chances, Politico reports. They anticipate Harris will be ruthlessly pragmatic about her selection, more likely to choose Gov. Josh Shapiro of critical Pennsylvania, or Sen. Mark Kelly of Arizona, a moderate Democrat from another key state. Of Buttigieg, one Harris insider said, “I just don’t see it.”

br82186

Superstar
Daps

Fox News hit Pete Buttigieg with a gotcha question on Trump vs. Harris. It didn’t go well for them​

• Updated: Jul. 28, 2024, 12:40 p.m.
  • Published: Jul. 28, 2024, 12:39 p.m.

Transportation Secretary stops in Birmingham

U.S. Department of Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg has been a rough interview for Fox News. (Greg Garrison | AL.com)ggarrison@al.com

By Kevin Manahan | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Sooner or later, Fox News producers and hosts will learn a lesson: So far, several attempts to corner Pete Buttigieg with (what they believe are) clever questions has backfired.

In honor of the Summer Olympics happening now in Paris, we’ll say this: Buttigieg is one of the nation’s most skilled political gymnasts.

On Fox News Sunday, host Shannon Bream asked Buttigieg — the Transportation Secretary who has been floated as Vice President Kamala Harris’ running mate — if President Joe Biden was aware of how badly he had been doing in polling against Donald Trump.

The answer wasn’t what Bream expected, because she tried to interrupt, but Buttigieg wouldn’t allow it.

“I’m aware of how he was doing. We’re all aware of how he’s doing,” Buttigieg said. “Our country has watched our president lead, and yes, we’ve also seen the fact that he’s 10 years older than he was 10 years ago. But unlike Republicans, who in Trump’s personality cult will take a look at Donald Trump and say he’s perfectly fine, even though he seemed unable to tell the difference between Nikki Haley and Nancy Pelosi, even though he’s rambling about electrocuting sharks and Hannibal Lecter, even though he is clearly older and stranger than he was when America first got to know him.

“They say he’s strong as an ox, leaps tall buildings in a single bound. We don’t have that kind of warped reality on our side.

“On the contrary, the president confronted that reality in what must have been one of the most difficult decisions for an American president to make ever. And he did something that I don’t think Donald Trump could even conceive of doing, which is putting his own interests aside for the country.”

While most political analysts say it’s unlikely Harris will pick Buttigieg — the former South Bend, Ind., mayor and naval officer, who is gay — his stock is rising fast. Already known for his smiling but devastating takedowns, he is blitzing the airwaves as a Harris defender while his digital staff publishes clips of each of his stinging attacks on Trump and running mate JD Vance.

According to Politico, a Buttigieg ally in Indiana — reportedly acting independently of Buttigieg — has compiled a dossier evaluating Harris’ options. The conclusion on Buttigieg: “Simply put, the vibes are high right now.”

However, Harris confidants and allies remain skeptical about his chances, Politico reports. They anticipate Harris will be ruthlessly pragmatic about her selection, more likely to choose Gov. Josh Shapiro of critical Pennsylvania, or Sen. Mark Kelly of Arizona, a moderate Democrat from another key state. Of Buttigieg, one Harris insider said, “I just don’t see it.”
He can go out there and be a dog, but has to be either Walz or Beshear for VP

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/10
JD Vance's smash hit "Never Trump Guy" is taking over the internet 🤣

2/10
I love it!! These young adults will come out for Kamala Harris

3/10
Is it wrong to say how much I'm loving JD Vance getting absolutely dragged!

4/10
“I never liked him” 🤣😂

5/10

6/10
sofa music.
>>>>>>>
Friends, I have a big request: please subscribe to the channel of Ukrainian cartoonist @Petrenkoandryi

7/10
Nice moves, where do i get this lady?

8/10

9/10
Haha

10/10
It's Happening.
Dear Members of the Federal Election Commission,

I am writing to formally file a complaint against former President Donald J. Trump regarding his continued attempts to run for the office of President of the United States, despite being ineligible under Article 2, Section 4 of the United States Constitution.

As an Independent Presidential Candidate, I am deeply committed to upholding the Constitution and ensuring that all candidates adhere to its requirements. Article 2, Section 4 clearly states, “The President, Vice President, and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.” The actions and legal issues involving Donald J. Trump fall under these categories, disqualifying him from holding the office of President again.

Below, I have outlined his impeachments, convictions, and other notable actions that substantiate this claim:

Impeachment Proceedings:

First Impeachment (December 18, 2019): The House of Representatives impeached Donald J. Trump on charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress (Article II, Section 4). These charges were related to his efforts to solicit foreign interference in the 2020 U.S. Presidential election, which violates the principles of fair and free elections enshrined in Article I, Section 4 of the Constitution.
Second Impeachment (January 13, 2021): The House of Representatives impeached Donald J. Trump for incitement of insurrection (Article II, Section 4) related to the January 6th attack on the U.S. Capitol, where he was accused of encouraging a violent mob to storm the Capitol in an attempt to overturn the lawful results of the 2020 Presidential election (Article I, Section 4 and Article II, Section 1).
January 6th Insurrection:

On January 6, 2021, Donald J. Trump incited a violent mob to storm the U.S. Capitol, resulting in multiple deaths, injuries, and significant damage. This act was an unprecedented attack on our democracy and an attempt to overturn the lawful results of the 2020 Presidential election, violating Article I, Section 4 and Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution.
Criminal Convictions and Legal Actions:

New York Criminal Case: Donald J. Trump has been charged with 34 counts of falsifying business records in the first degree in New York, related to hush money payments made to adult film actress Stormy Daniels during the 2016 election. This case involves fraudulent business practices that undermine the integrity of the electoral process (Article I, Section 4).
Sexual Assault Case: In May 2023, a jury found Donald J. Trump liable for sexual abuse and defamation in a civil case brought by E. Jean Carroll. The jury awarded Carroll $5 million in damages, finding that Trump had sexually abused her in a department store in the 1990s and then defamed her by calling her accusations a hoax. Such conduct falls under the category of high crimes and misdemeanors (Article II, Section 4).
Classified Documents Case: Donald J. Trump is under investigation for his handling of classified documents after leaving office. The investigation focuses on whether he unlawfully retained national defense information and obstructed justice by failing to return the documents when requested, potentially violating Article II, Section 3 regarding the duty to faithfully execute the laws.
Election Interference in Georgia: Donald J. Trump is being investigated for his attempts to overturn the 2020 election results in Georgia. This includes a recorded phone call where he pressured Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to "find" enough votes to change the election outcome, violating Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution which mandates a fair electoral process.
Trump Organization Fraud Case: The Trump Organization, run by Donald J. Trump’s family, was found guilty on 17 counts, including tax fraud and falsifying business records. Although Trump himself was

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GTrd1KOWYAA0tj_.jpg

GTm8SCGW0AA3as1.jpg

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/11
🚨🚨 The Jan. 6 security tapes have a big surprise.
There is video of attorney Ken Chesebro & Trump campaign aide G. Michael Brown handing off fake GOP elector documents (from Wisconsin & Michigan) to aides of Rep. Mike Kelly R-PA - on Jan. 5. 🧵

2/11
While Chesebro & Brown delivered the documents on Jan. 5, aides to Rep. Mike Kelly R-PA were unable to get the materials to Pence, as the Senate Parliamentarian refused to accept the fake elector envelopes. More at Video surprise - Capitol security tapes show fake GOP electors scheme 2/

3/11
The Capitol Hill security cameras first picked up Chesebro and Brown at 3:40 pm on Jan. 5, as they walked to the Longworth House Office Building. 3/

4/11
Chesbro and Brown walked to the Longworth House Office Building and waited outside. At 3:51 pm on Jan. 5, two aides from the office of Rep. Mike Kelly R-PA came outside to meet them; they returned with the fake elector documents. 4/

5/11
The aides to Rep. Mike Kelly R-PA walked the fake elector documents to the Capitol. But that's where things went haywire. A source familiar with the matter says that the Senate Parliamentarian's office refused to accept the envelopes on Jan. 5. 5/

6/11
Unable to deliver the fake GOP documents from Michigan and Wisconsin on Jan. 5, the aides to Rep. Mike Kelly R-PA then spent 30 minutes just walking around the second floor of the Capitol - seemingly waiting for instructions. 6/

7/11
Out of options, the Kelly aides took the fake GOP elector documents from MI/WI back to their office.

That led to a scramble the next day, on Jan. 6, involving Sen. Ron Johnson R-WI, to get the WI/MI documents to VP Pence. Those efforts all failed. 7/

8/11
How do we know there were fake elector documents in those envelopes? Chesebro said so in his own text messages on Jan. 6, when he said that he dropped off the documents to aides for Rep. Mike Kelly R-PA a day earlier. 8/

9/11
The Jan. 6 committee couldn't figure out where and how the fake GOP elector documents were delivered on Jan. 5. It took me several months of going through the Capitol security tapes to find the answer. Video surprise - Capitol security tapes show fake GOP electors scheme

10/11
You mean the same Rep. Kelly on the new Task Force looking into the July 13 shooting?

11/11
Yes

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GTqzo-gWgAAiwke.png

GTq6bENW0AAb7rf.png

GTq_LFHWQAATHWi.png

GTrHtrCWIAAbcIu.jpg

GTrPI8qW4AAMXjV.png

GTrVDs6XgAAa9wK.png

GTrc8IJXgAAf7xE.png

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/11
Rep. @JakeAuch to Fox: JD Vance doesn't appear to have any real political beliefs except for this deep-seated denigration of women. He has stood against exceptions rape and incest. He has voted against IVF. He has insulted women trying to start a family. And when he's pushed on it he just gets mean. And look at the top of the ticket, Donald Trump bragged about sexual assault and then was found liable for it

2/11
This is happening on Fox… you know it’s a problem for the Trump campaign when even Fox is telling the truth… it’s a rare occurrence!

3/11
JD Vance is the weirdest VP candidate of all-time.

4/11
Thanks Don Jr for your idiotic pick! Vance is sinking quicker than Trump Airlines did!

5/11
Watch the movie “Hillbilly Elegy” and get back to me in the kind of man @JDVance is 🤨

Take a break from Social Media, CNN and all the other influence, and do your DUE diligence and watch that movie, or read that book — and try and say again, how he doesn’t have “Political Beliefs”.

6/11
You guys must really be scared of Vance huh??😂😂😳

7/11
Trump/Vance are weirdos

8/11
not true. he also deeply believes in saying anything in order to get power.

9/11
Imagine thinking it’s a winning strategy to say horrible things about half your voters 🤣

10/11
He's weird.

11/11
J.D. "Fred Waterford" Vance, along with the vitriolic and misogynistic attacks from male Republicans, against women, are testaments to the fact that women's rights and equality are secondary within the societal hierarchy as they attempt to shuffle the country down the path to The Handmaid's Tale. /search?q=#KamalaHarris2024 💙💙💙

GTrQWRqaQAA3RGu.jpg

GTrTzC9WIAEkJOm.jpg

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/13
Pete Buttigieg on Fox News Sunday on the New York Times' gripes about Kamala Harris: "The idea that somebody hasn't been tested or vetted when they have been vice president of the United States for nearly four years just doesn't make any sense."

2/13
Pete Buttigieg on Fox News Sunday on Trump: "He even broke his promise to that J6 mob when he said, 'I will be at your side when you march down to the Capitol.' But he actually did keep two promises: He kept his promise to destroy the right to choose in this country, and he kept his promise on tax cuts to the rich ... he lies all the time."

3/13
Pete Buttigieg on Fox News Sunday on Biden: "Unlike Republicans who in Trump's personality cult will take a look at Donald Trump and say he's perfectly fine even though he seemed unable to tell the difference between Haley and Pelosi, even though he's rambling about electrocuting sharks and Hannibal Lecter ... we don't have that kind of warped reality on our side."

4/13
Pete Buttigieg is very good at this: "Crime is down under Joe Biden and crime was up under Donald Trump. Now, I don't know how often that gets reported on this network, so if you're watching this at home, do yourself a favor and look up the data ... why would America want to go back to the higher crime that we experienced under Donald Trump?"

5/13
Appreciate me watching the Sunday shows each week and bringing you highlights? Then please show some love by signing up for my newsletter. I think you'll enjoy Public Notice and paid subscribers make my work possible. Thanks. Subscribe to Public Notice

6/13
He's really carrying this interview. 🔥

7/13
Yeah Pete is DAMN good at this...swoon...

8/13
He is SO good at this.
Love Pete.

9/13
We've seen /search?q=#PresidentBiden lead with integrity, and now he's passed the torch to /search?q=#KamalaHarris to continue the fight and /search?q=#FinishTheJob.

/search?q=#Trump’s bizarre rants and inability to distinguish key figures highlight the chaos he brings. Harris stands ready to be a president for ALL Americans, defending our democracy and uniting the nation.
/search?q=#Kamala2024 /search?q=#DemsUnited /search?q=#DemVoice1

10/13
May I please add how much I love how he doesn’t let her cut him off while speaking 🙌🏼

11/13
100 days until America defeats Trump. Again. Bigly.

12/13
He is amazing. He's gonna have a bigger role in the Harris admin for sure!

13/13
What WE are NOT aware of are ANY medical reports from a credible source (Ronny is NOT it) regarding Trump's health and mental capacity...but sure let's focus on Biden

GTk_GsCaEAAcRun.png

bnew

Veteran
Daps