WHO WINS?

• Total voters

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Taylor Swift Drove Nearly 338K People to Vote.gov With Kamala Harris Endorsement Post​

According to data from the GSA, Swift's post directed 337,826 people to the site, which refers people to their local state election websites.

September 11, 2024 2:17pm

Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift Photo by Terry Wyatt/Getty Images

Taylor Swift‘s endorsement of Vice President Kamala Harris led to a surge of visitors to Vote.gov, the U.S. government website that helps citizens understand how they can register to vote.

According to a spokesperson for the U.S. Government Services Administration, Swift’s endorsement post on Instagram led directly to 337,826 people visiting vote.gov.

“As of 2:00 P.M. on Wednesday, September 11, there have been 337,826 visitors to vote.gov referred from the custom URL created and shared by Ms. Swift,” the spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter.

Vote.gov does not register visitors to vote but rather directs them to their local state election websites for more specific voting information. It uses data analytic tools to monitor referrals to the site, including referrals from custom links, such as the one used by Swift in her Instagram post.

Swift endorsed Harris on Tuesday night after her debate with former President Trump, writing, “I’m voting for @kamalaharris because she fights for the rights and causes I believe need a warrior to champion them,” the Grammy-winning singer wrote. “I think she is a steady-handed, gifted leader and I believe we can accomplish so much more in this country if we are led by calm and not chaos. I was so heartened and impressed by her selection of running mate @timwalz, who has been standing up for LGBTQ+ rights, IVF, and a woman’s right to her own body for decades.

“I’ve done my research, and I’ve made my choice. Your research is all yours to do, and the choice is yours to make,” she added. “I also want to say, especially to first time voters: Remember that in order to vote, you have to be registered! I also find it’s much easier to vote early. I’ll link where to register and find early voting dates and info in my story.”

Swifties for Kamala, the coalition working to elect Harris, said on Wednesday, “We never doubted Taylor would endorse at the right time because we know that her values align with Harris and our community. We are excited to see the momentum she will bring to this campaign.”

Trump, meanwhile, responded to her endorsement on Fox News on Wednesday morning, saying he “was not a Taylor Swift fan” and that “she’ll probably pay a price for it in the marketplace.”

Seems to be having a bigger effect than the Kid Rock and Kanye endorsements have had

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/8
@RyanShead
I ran to Twitter as soon as I could this morning and @elonmusk was the first response I came across.

I hope you’ll allow me a few minutes to debunk Elon Musk and prove him to be a felon, fraud, and rapist supporting clown spreading lies on his platform with no oversight.

Elon Musk and Donald Trump are why regulations were invented.

2/8
@AceOfDigBiz
Great video bro, I agree on everything except one point

Why didn’t Kamala do great things in the last 4 years, well, republicans have a house majority

So they possess and use that power to block all helpful legislation that hits their desks so they can point fingers after

3/8
@breaks_grady
She could close the border today,by executive order.That's a fact but she won't

4/8
@AceOfDigBiz
Wrong, trumps EOs were deemed unconstitutional and cancelled by the courts

They created a bill, it did everything needed and more (I read it, you likely did not)

And everyone signed up to vote yes

And trump cancelled it by threatening speaker to veto

He wanted to run on the broken border

You live in an alternative reality

I’m so sorry.

5/8
@salajm
lol

6/8
@grranola
Why didn’t Ms. Harris do great things in the past 4 years?

-passed Infrastructure act
-passed Chips Act
-reduction of Covid-induced inflation
-negotiations/reduction of Rx pricing
-job creation far higher than covid losses
-prevention of discriminatory mortgage
1/2

7/8
@st_venters
Kamala wasn't president the last four years.

8/8
@hunterb129
I don’t know. Maybe because she isn’t president. Vice-President are notorious for their lack of authority.

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

Was this poll based in Howell Michigan?

20th century​

The Howell Home Rule City Charter was adopted in 1955.[8]

The Ku Klux Klan first took hold in the area in the 1920s, and membership in Livingston County increased during the civil rights era.[9]

Since the 1970s Howell has had a national reputation of being associated with the Ku Klux Klan: White supremacist leader and Michigan Grand Dragon 1971-1979 Robert E. Miles held KKK gatherings on his farm 12 miles north of the city in Cohoctah Township with a Howell mailing address.[10] Miles died in 1992, but the gatherings, including the burning of crosses, continued.[9]

The Livingston Diversity Council, founded in response to a 1988 cross burning on the lawn of a black family,[11] has been promoting diversity and inclusion in the county.[12] While they are numerous in Metro Detroit, as of 2011, Howell was not listed as an active home to any hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.[13]

On October 22, 1994, less than a dozen Ku Klux Klansmen from outside Howell held a rally on the steps of the historic Livingston County Courthouse. According to a reporter for the Livingston Post, the town may have been chosen because of its reputation for intolerance. The Rev. Ben Bohnsack, the pastor of the First United Methodist Church in nearby Brighton, Michigan at the time, described the approaching rally as an "assault on the values" of the community. The day of the rally, the courthouse was put under the protection of 174 police officers from every law enforcement agency in the county. An 8-foot-tall chain-link fence was erected around the courthouse, with two additional sections raised on Grand River Avenue to contain protesters and observers. The fence was dismantled after the rally and on the following day, citizens assembled with brooms, mops and buckets for a symbolic cleansing of the courthouse steps.[14]

21st century​

The KKK reputation persisted into the 2000s, with events such as a public auction of KKK items scheduled for Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday in January 2005,[15] the 2010 suspension of a teacher who removed students for wearing a Confederate flag and making antigay slurs,[16] students' racist tweets toward a racially mixed team in 2014.[17]

President Joe Biden delivers remarks on his Build Back Better agenda, Tuesday, October 5, 2021, at the Operating Engineers Training Facility in Howell, Michigan.
On October 5, 2021, President Joe Bidenvisited Howell for a speech to build support for his Build Back Better Plan.[18]

On July 21, 2024, about a dozen masked white supremacists marched through downtown Howell, chanting "Heil Hitler" and carrying signs with messages such as "White Lives Matter" and "End the War on White Children". They began their demonstration on the lawn of the Livingston County courthouse where in 1994 members of the community symbolically scrubbed the steps following a KKK rally. Several miles east of Howell at the Latson Road/I-96 overpass in Genoa Township, Michigan pictures posted to a community Facebook group showed demonstrators hanging KKK and Nazi flags over the side of the overpass. One of the photos showed them with a Donald Trump flag, while the Livingston Post uploaded a video made by a passerby in which one of the protestors is heard saying, "We love Hitler. We love Trump."[19] On July 28, 2024, one week after the white supremacist march, at an anti-white supremacist counterprotest in downtown Howell residents cleansed the sidewalk to symbolically wash away the racism.[20] On August 20, 2024, Donald Trump visited Howell for a campaign speech.[21]