WHO WINS?

• Total voters

bnew

Veteran
Daps

‘India doesn’t trust US to win or lead; sees us as weak’: Nikki Haley says India played smart by staying close to Russia​

"They don't trust us to lead. They see right now that we're weak. India has always played it smart," said Nikki Haley in an interview.​

Business Today Desk
  • Updated Feb 08, 2024, 9:18 AM IST
Nikki Haley says India has played it smart and stayed close to Russia
Nikki Haley says India has played it smart and stayed close to Russia

Republican presidential hopeful Nikki Haley said India has played it smart by being close to Russia as it is where the country gets most of its defence equipment. Haley said that India wants to be a partner to the US but doesn’t trust it to win or lead.

The GoP presidential hopeful in an interview with Fox Business News said that as of now India sees the US as weak, and hence it has decided to remain close to Russia.

"I have dealt with India too. I have got to say, I have dealt with India too. I have talked with (Prime Minister Narendra) Modi. India wants to be a partner with us. They don't want to be a partner with Russia," she said.

"The problem is, India doesn't trust us to win. They don't trust us to lead. They see right now that we're weak. India has always played it smart. They have played it smart, and they have stayed close with Russia, because that's where they get a lot of their military equipment," she said.

Haley said that the US needs to start leading again, get the “weakness out”, and stop putting their head in the sand. She said once they do it, the US’ friends – India, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, Japan, South Korea – all will start following suit.

“Japan gave themselves a billion-dollar stimulus to become less dependent on China. India gave themselves a billion-dollar stimulus to become less dependent on China," said Haley, highlighting the need for the US to start building its alliances.

Haley said that China is not doing well economically but has been preparing for a war with the US for years. “That's their mistake,” she said.

Nikki Haley is a former South Carolina governor and former President Donald Trump’s ambassador to the United Nations. She is the daughter of Indian immigrants.

Also read: Vivek Ramaswamy ends his US Presidential race, announces his support for Donald Trump: Report

Published on: Feb 08, 2024, 9:17 AM IST

Posted by: anwesha madhukalya, Feb 08, 2024, 9:10 AM IST

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
And yet and still Sanders hasn't won a nomination - so if all the things you say were in his favor why isn't he sitting in the Whitehouse instead of Biden? Why is it he isn't running to contest Biden ? Why is there no grassroots drive to nominate him?

The fact is Dems didn't do what Republicans continually do which is get out and vote for thier candidate in 2016

And its seemingly the case now that dems go on and on they want someone new - the only Republicans saying they want someone besides Trump are Nikki Haley who comes in 2nd running against no one ...if the choice isn't Trump

You can cite all the exit polling and think pieces but at the end of the day we have a conservative court for the next 20 to30 years not becuase Hillary was so horrible its because dems spent 2016 masturbating over a fantasy that a old guy that retreated to Vermont for the last 30 yrs somehow was the answer and when he wasn't picked dems sat on their hands and this asshat Trump appointed 3 justices and packed the bench with Neanderthals...

And then dems want to be surprised - Roe got overturned - AA is all but done - they are attacking Voting Rights ....all shyt they said they were gonna do and they did.

I'm not a GOP supporter at all - they are bunch of a$$holes ....the kind of a$$hole that Trump exemplifies which is why he is leading - but I will call.a spade a spade and the only thing Dems do right is to do everything possible to do the wrong thing and spend time infighting and sabotaging each other for " likes "
To be fair, the DNC openly conspired against Bernie. The reason Roe got overturned was because Ginsburg decided to not retire under Obama and died under Trump. McConnell didn’t allow Obama another pick because it was “too close to the election” which obviously didn’t apply to Trump.

Hillary didn’t even campaign in some crucial swing states, yet still won the popular vote easily. A lot of 2 time Obama voters flipped to Trump in 2016, add all of this into Comey announcing the email bullshyt and she tanked.

I do agree Dems seem to consistently make bad choices politically, but the younger generation are very liberal and it will eventually force the right to go left or they will no longer exist

shonuff

All Star
Daps
To be fair, the DNC openly conspired against Bernie. The reason Roe got overturned was because Ginsburg decided to not retire under Obama and died under Trump. McConnell didn’t allow Obama another pick because it was “too close to the election” which obviously didn’t apply to Trump.

Hillary didn’t even campaign in some crucial swing states, yet still won the popular vote easily. A lot of 2 time Obama voters flipped to Trump in 2016, add all of this into Comey announcing the email bullshyt and she tanked.

I do agree Dems seem to consistently make bad choices politically, but the younger generation are very liberal and it will eventually force the right to go left or they will no longer exist
The Republicans aren't going left anytime soon - ive been around since Gingrich and they've been on a$$hole increase since the late 90s - its a shame that a lot of the country is politically naive ...that applies to both sides but esp with Dems who seem to want to.live in some contrived reality that they are being respectable

And Bernie was conspired against_ Well fukking duh! of course - he came in to be a spoiler and "prove" ...politics ...well no shyt- that a group of ppl.you just joined after not joining for decades and now not only does he wanna wag fingers but also buck the group he just joined and attack who they wanted to put up - how would he think they'd treat him ? Like an asset or an a$$hole ?

The GOP has always been about exercising power and playing a game of inches - it wasn't Ginsbourg fault for not retiring ....it was white women fault for voting like their husband's and fathers did ...or just being oblivious and not giving a fuk becuase shyt always works out for them ....until.it doesn't.

Im.just tired of progressives and the idealized bullshyt they talk about high ground and how bad the GOP is as if they will somehow embarrass them - newsflash dems - stop looking for respectability from.a group.of people that have nothing but contempt for you - wake up and play the real fukking game already

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
The Republicans aren't going left anytime soon - ive been around since Gingrich and they've been on a$$hole increase since the late 90s - its a shame that a lot of the country is politically naive ...that applies to both sides but esp with Dems who seem to want to.live in some contrived reality that they are being respectable

And Bernie was conspired against_ Well fukking duh! of course - he came in to be a spoiler and "prove" ...politics ...well no shyt- that a group of ppl.you just joined after not joining for decades and now not only does he wanna wag fingers but also buck the group he just joined and attack who they wanted to put up - how would he think they'd treat him ? Like an asset or an a$$hole ?

The GOP has always been about exercising power and playing a game of inches - it wasn't Ginsbourg fault for not retiring ....it was white women fault for voting like their husband's and fathers did ...or just being oblivious and not giving a fuk becuase shyt always works out for them ....until.it doesn't.

Im.just tired of progressives and the idealized bullshyt they talk about high ground and how bad the GOP is as if they will somehow embarrass them - newsflash dems - stop looking for respectability from.a group.of people that have nothing but contempt for you - wake up and play the real fukking game already
Definitely agree with a lot of your points, but I don’t see how the GOP can remain this far to the right. Obviously it will have to be proven in elections but these young voters seem to be far more politically engaged and 70% of them are progressives. They saw the GOP take away women’s rights etc. idk, something feels different than similar sentiments in the past, but I could be wrong.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Definitely agree with a lot of your points, but I don’t see how the GOP can remain this far to the right. Obviously it will have to be proven in elections but these young voters seem to be far more politically engaged and 70% of them are progressives. They saw the GOP take away women’s rights etc. idk, something feels different than similar sentiments in the past, but I could be wrong.
GO{ want stop voter suppression efforts and fear mongering

snd they know young people are not a dependable voter block

bnew

Veteran
Daps