2024 NHL Offseason Thread

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
Breaking news in the sports business world.

Your thoughts brehs?

@Instant Classic
@trick
@Wise

@Camoflauge

@GOATpernick

@kingest_kong
@Broke Wave
@jdubnyce
@MikelArteta
@MVike28
@JLova
@Malcolmxxx_23
@Ohene
@CJ
@Patrick Kane
@EarlyEarly
@Wall
@richtree
@Miggs
@the next guy
@broller
@Nomad1
@darius19
@Techniec
@Dirty D
@Auger
@thatrapsfan
@Flackaveli
@Blade

My worst fears have come true, the evil empire, the Incompetent and greedy Robbers/Rogers company own the maple leafs, raptors, blue jays Toronto fc, argonauts now. Ed Rogers is the only owner of the Blue Jays and the majority stakeholder and owner of the rest of the Toronto sports teams. Rogers own 75% of MLSE. He has a Complete monopoly. Robbers is actually the most powerful entity in Canadian sports smh. Unfortunately they ruin every thing they get their hands on.

the presidents and general managers of the Leafs,Raps, Jays, Toronto FC, and Argos from now on, will directly report and answer to him.

given his micromanagement/power trip issues, I expect brutal and direct autocratic style ownership from Ed Rogers. We will relive the Harold Ballard/Steve Stavros scenario again.

Tannenbaum/Masai/Bobby Webster on their way out? What about longtime Maple leafs president Brendan Shanahan? What will happen with the Shapiro/Atkins duo? (Blue Jays)

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Your thoughts brehs?

@trick
@jdubnyce
@MikelArteta
@MVike28
@Malcolmxxx_23
@Ohene

My worst fears have come true, the evil empire, the Incompetent and greedy Robbers/Rogers company own the maple leafs, raptors, blue jays Toronto fc, argonauts now. Ed Rogers is the only owner of the Blue Jays and the majority stakeholder and owner of the rest of the Toronto sports teams. Rogers own 75% of MLSE. He has a Complete monopoly. Robbers is actually the most powerful entity in Canadian sports smh. It would be funny if only they didn’t ruin every thing they get their hands on.

the presidents and general managers of the Leafs,Raps, Jays, Toronto FC, and Argos from now on, will directly report and answer to him.

given his micromanagement/power trip issues, I expect brutal and direct autocratic style ownership from Ed Rogers. We will relive the Harold Ballard/Steve Stavros scenario again.

Tannenbaum/Masai/Bobby Webster on their way out? What about longtime Maple leafs president Brendan Shanahan? What will happen with the Shapiro/Atkins duo? (Blue Jays)

End of Masai
Ed rogers hates Masai

Rogers already owns the Jays nothing will change

Rogers will prob also buy Tannenbaum 25 percent

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
End of Masai
Ed rogers hates Masai

Rogers already owns the Jays nothing will change

Rogers will prob also buy Tannenbaum 25 percent
This season, the Blue Jays have the 7th biggest payroll in MLB with 222 millions, behind only the Mets, Yankees, Dodgers, Phillies, Astros, and Rangers in that order.

I know major league baseball has no salary cap though, unlike the NHL who has an strict and hard salary cap and the NBA who has a softer one with luxury taxes, second aprons and loopholes. MLB is a league where unlimited spending is allowed. Rich owners and big market teams always win.

Despite all the bad things said about him, at least he is not cheap. He’s willing to spend money to make sure the jays compete every year but the results this season, on the diamond field , are really disappointing. Rogers knows how to make money and spend money. It does not know how to hire, attract and keep the right people to successfully manage a sports team. It doesn’t know how to win at the highest level of professional sport. Not yet, anyway.

The Jays biggest issue is player development, which has nothing to do with Rogers. Drafting and developing MLB- level players is their problem, not spending.

Last edited:

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

Your thoughts brehs?

@Instant Classic
@trick
@Wise

@GOATpernick

@kingest_kong
@Broke Wave
@jdubnyce
@MikelArteta
@MVike28
@JLova
@Malcolmxxx_23
@Ohene
@CJ
@Patrick Kane
@EarlyEarly
@Wall
@richtree
@Miggs
@the next guy
@broller
@Nomad1
@darius19
@Techniec
@Dirty D
@Auger
@thatrapsfan
@Flackaveli

My worst fears have come true, the evil empire, the Incompetent and greedy Robbers/Rogers company own the maple leafs, raptors, blue jays Toronto fc, argonauts now. Ed Rogers is the only owner of the Blue Jays and the majority stakeholder and owner of the rest of the Toronto sports teams. Rogers own 75% of MLSE. He has a Complete monopoly. Robbers is actually the most powerful entity in Canadian sports smh. Unfortunately they ruin every thing they get their hands on.

Breh this country is entirely run by a handful of monopolies

This is the perfect summary

TD, RBC, BNS, BMO, and CIBC control 90 per cent of the banking industry; Rogers, Bell, and Telus account for 88.7 per cent of the telecommunications market; Air Canada and WestJet command over 85 per cent the airline industry; ABInBev and Coors control 63 per cent of the beer market; and Sobeys, Loblaws, Metro, Costco, and Walmart command over 60 per cent of the grocery market

Like @MikelArteta said this is likely the end of the road for Masai.

Good riddance. I’ll take the risk with that fat nepo baby Ed Rogers at least he’ll spend like @MikelArteta said. Need an overhaul of front office.