2024 NHL Offseason Thread

GOATpernick

Troy, the God
Supporter
Daps
Laine a little goofy and not my kinda player but it’s cool the Habs finally have a GM that not only builds leverage but also uses it to take worthwhile gambles:ehh:

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
High-risk, high-reward move by the Habs. They need scoring punch in a bad way. Maybe Laine will rebound and becomes a steady 40-goal scorer again in the next few seasons. He’s a Streaky/inconsistent/frustrating forward Though. Expect usual goalscoring droughts here and there. But then again most goalscoring wingers are streaky and get their goals in bunches anyway.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fukk have the Oilers been doing :what:I guess we will fill up with AHL level replacements like before

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess I don't know what anything is worth in terms of salary cap but I liked Broberg

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I guess I don't know what anything is worth in terms of salary cap but I liked Broberg

NHL got a tight cap, broberg hasn't proved anything. Oilers need to resign draisatl, bouchard and mcdavid, can't be giving two guys who have proven nothing all that money.

Most times when you steal a rfa doesn't even work out anyways

Jesperi Kotkaniemi signed that offer sheet and canadians didn't match. Dude hasn't even scored 20 goals in any season and its now 3 years in

broberg and holloway were rotting in the ahl most of the year last year,

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I like the move. We need scoring, hopefully he stays healthy. Jordan Harris a good young dman, but we already have too many.

honestly its a good move
laine is still only 26 even though he's been in the league almost a decade. Look at his shooting percentage still one of the best in the league. I still think he can be a consistent 30-40 goal scorer