2024 MLB Postseason Thread...

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Yamamoto is cruising through this game. It will be outrageous if Roberts pulls him.

If I was Manfred, I would be pointing to this game right here and saying, "this is why we're having a six inning minimum rule for starters."

It is fukking awful for the game to constantly be pulling these guys early.
Dave is the most risk averse manager in the sport. You wanna trust as few people as humanly possible

Even if 5/6 pitchers do well, if the one pitcher doesn't do well, you overthought things.

Teams will swear they pull you early in the season to preserve your arm to go deeper in these games only for managers to call for the pen as soon as someone reaches 2nd base.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Dave is the most risk averse manager in the sport. You wanna trust as few people as humanly possible

Even if 5/6 pitchers do well, if the one pitcher doesn't do well, you overthought things.

Teams will swear they pull you early in the season to preserve your arm to go deeper in these games only for managers to call for the pen as soon as someone reaches 2nd base.
Is it Roberts or the front office? I've always felt it's the front office dictating what he does. If that wasn't the case, why is he still managing the team after all their failures?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Is it Roberts or the front office? I've always felt it's the front office dictating what he does. If that wasn't the case, why is he still managing the team after all their failures?
as usual, it's a "collaboration,"

but if the manager doesn't do what the FO wants and they win, then what?

When it comes down to it, during the games, the manager has leeway to do whatever at a certain point as long as it works. Teams delude themselves into thinking "we can't be awful; the other team was just lucky." The Yankees fight on that lie.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Yamamoto is cruising through this game. It will be outrageous if Roberts pulls him.

If I was Manfred, I would be pointing to this game right here and saying, "this is why we're having a six inning minimum rule for starters."

It is fukking awful for the game to constantly be pulling these guys early.
Woah, how u gonna force a starter to pitch 6 innings?. This is the first time in a long time that Yamamoto shoulda stayed in the game.

On another note, Ohtani cant if make good contact vs Darvish:damn: Shedeurhei chokin