2023-24 NBA Trade/Buyout Thread

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Kerr literally being bullied into playing Kuminga was crazy

If Anthony Lamb was still on this roster he'd probably still play that rapist over him
to be fair, Lamb was actually a net positive for the warriors. kuminga was objectively not.

but your point still stands. the organization is awful at evaluating players. if they can't evaluate players correctly on their own squad, ofc they can't evaluate who's good on other teams. Lacob's grossly unqualified sons shouldn't be making decisions

Daps
Dude the raptors have draft capital

They still have Pacers 2024 pick

Detroits 2024 2nd round pick

Their own 2025 pick

Pacers 2026 1st

They’ll flip Bruce Bowen for another future first

Flipping a 29th overall pick for two NBA players that will actually get minutes on your roster isn’t that bad of a trade. Yes you can get a gem late in the first/second but we know it’s very rare and in the 26th-30th range, usually 1 player will pan out. In MAYBE 3-4 years. It’s a complete crap shoot.

I think they made a fine trade that isn’t detrimental to the team. I can’t believe nikkas really valuing a 29th pick like that :mjlol: This ain’t the NFL draft. Kelly gonna most likely re sign for cheap and he a stretch 4 that will be good with developing and helping young guys on the team. He’s more valuable than a late 29th pick for the Raptors with the draft capital they have.

No one in the league thinks about the draft the way you do anymore. There's way too much talent coming into the league every year now even at later pick spots. It also doesn't make sense to think that way about the draft given what we've seen the past few years. There's a reason teams are attempting to gather tons of draft capital in rebuild cycles which is why Toronto should be doing because they suck ass and aren't going to be good anytime soon imo

Even if we subscribe to it being a complete crap shoot in which your scouts are useless (which is pretty much what it seems Toronto is saying) having more picks gives you a better chance of hitting or flipping those picks for like a legit player which Olynick is really only helpful to a good team and does dikk all for the raptors this year.

There's really no way to spin this it's a bad trade, and I've yet to see anyone other than yourself think otherwise.

I told you good GM's aren't treating draft picks the way they use to treat them. That's obvious from the way the league is moving.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
No one in the league thinks about the draft the way you do anymore. It also doesn't make sense to think that way about the draft given what we've seen the past few years. There's a reason teams are attempting to gather tons of draft capital in rebuild cycles which is why Toronto should be doing because they suck ass and aren't going to be good anytime soon imo

I told you good GM's aren't treating draft picks the way they use to treat them. That's obvious from the way the league is moving.

Meh draft matters, steph, curry and lebron are the only guys over 30 in top 15 in scoring.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Grant Williams about to be a journeyman lol
Mavs GM got to be fired. He gave the spurs an UNPROTECTED Pick swap just so they could sign Grant Williams and it didn't even last a whole season :dead:

This is like Gming in NBA2k and you hit the wrong button and you didn't save beforehand:mjlol: