2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
I’ll be weary of signings like that if I’m TNA. They’ll only stay for like a year and bounce when WWE or AEW comes calling.
If they’re trying to make a splash they should lock him down for at least 3 years…but you need a top signing like that to prove you’re serious about building your brand.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
With the way he’s been jerked around since the pandemic, I don’t blame him if he doesn’t re-sign.

That roster so stacked at the top there isn’t really any room to break through, especially when they insist on having multiple part time champs with one of which has been a part timer going on his third year as the champ.

And they just brought in CM Punk that moves a guy like Drew even further down the overall pecking order.

Ain't no way wrestlers are that much marks for themselves that they will take pay cuts in the millions to be on TV more. :mjlol:

It ain't like he's trying to market himself for Hollywood.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
If they’re trying to make a splash they should lock him down for at least 3 years…but you need a top signing like that to prove you’re serious about building your brand.

That’s the thing I don’t know if a guy like Drew will commit to them for three years unless they backup the Brinks truck to his house. They were willing to do it for a Punk and Osprey but I don’t know if they will for Drew. But it would definitely show that they’re serious about building up their brand

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
Mercedes Mone could debut on AEW television shortly.

Our own Dave Meltzer wrote in Sunday's Daily Update that AEW sources expect Mone to start on TV with the company soon. However, he noted that until she's signed a contract, nothing is certain.

Meltzer wrote:

On last night’s show there were no teases for Mercedes Mone or for her appearing Wednesday in Jacksonville. What I know is that AEW does expect her to start on TV soon, but as noted, until it happens and the contract itself is signed, I wouldn’t consider anything 100 percent.
One would think there would be some sort of a tease of a surprise if she was to appear, since that’s been the case with most major signings. But Sting’s original debut in Jacksonville came out of nowhere.

She could debut but she might not. Nothing is certain.

:dead:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
That why im saying in the press release he stated him and mone knows how long her injury would take to heal. Only reason i said she could have been signed a while ago.
Everyone knows how long it would take though. Timetables were out as soon as it happened.