2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
For the needs to go outside and touch grass crew, there is a such thing as someone getting a big ass contract and other owners hating it because it fukks the market all up...

Happens in sports all of the time...hell using the Jaguars as an example...the stupid ass contract they gave Christian Kirk had a huge ripple effect on the rest of the NFL....it lead to Tyreek Hill getting traded to get a big money contract from Miami and why the actual great receivers are getting contracts guaranteed in the 100 mill range now.....

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
For the needs to go outside and touch grass crew, there is a such thing as someone getting a big ass contract and other owners hating it because it fukks the market all up...

Happens in sports all of the time...hell using the Jaguars as an example...the stupid ass contract they gave Christian Kirk had a huge ripple effect on the rest of the NFL....it lead to Tyreek Hill getting traded to get a big money contract from Miami and why the actual great receivers are getting contracts guaranteed in the 100 mill range now.....

Definitely, it’s the whole reason they tried to run aew out of business from the start. Kevin Owens been a consistent upper card guy since 2016, if Swerve is getting more than that then they’re going to have to pay up for a few guys

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I don’t think he was even an AEW fan back then, I think he claimed CM Punk’s return got him into AEW, which is crazy to think about
This is correct. I watched AEW some in 2019 and early 2020 but got bored with it and stopped watching. I wasn’t watching any other wrestling at that time either so wasn’t paying any attention to wrestling.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Meltzer, at this point, is AEW Comms. Sometimes, he does a "good" job, like when he says WWE doesn't think the Burlington Coat Factory champ deserves a big contract or tries to shoehorn she had recently praised AEW women's division in an article about Nikki Bella being a victim of domestic violence. Sometimes, he does a lousy job when he's questioning the product or reporting ratings that don't paint AEW in a favorable light.

Do I trust Chris Haynes' reporting on Damian Lillard? Somewhat, but everyone knows what side he's on; same shyt with Shams and Klutch. They can break news and do accurate reporting, but there are some things they've proven unable to be objective or straightforward about. Meltzer’s reporting on WWE can't be taken as the truth. :manny:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
But what I find even more hilarious is meltzer trying to create the illusion that there was even an idea of a bidding war for Daniel fukking Garcia :laff:

:stopitslime: we know damn well that if he went to WWE, you'd be his #1 fan like what happened with Cody Rhodes.

Garcia is a wrestler's wrestler. Danielson put him over, Regal loves him, and the kid's only 25. No idea if he 100% resigned or not, but Triple H would be foolish to pass up a 25 year old with his pedigree that already has years of national television experience.