2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Judges and some moderate legislation (like codifying roe) can be passed by negotiating with true moderate republicans from districts like NY and Cali
can they get legislation through the house with a republican speaker though? the speaker won't advance a bill unless most of his party supports it

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
can they get legislation through the house with a republican speaker though? the speaker won't advance a bill unless most of his party supports it
Great question, if enough republicans break for the dem legislation I assume a vote can be forced but I’m not sure

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
That'd be a massive L considering all the other major Dems in that state seem to have won their races.

Lombardo isn't an election denier. More moderate Republican, though still a POS cop

Sisolak was unpopular with both parties, got a lot of blame for the lockdown stuff

Last edited:

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Great question, if enough republicans break for the dem legislation I assume a vote can be forced but I’m not sure
yeah im by no means an expert on congressional procedure, i am mainly going off of this:

if a speaker scheduled a vote to codify roe i think he would probably get removed by GOP reps. but maybe there is a way around it through some more obscure process?

AndroidHero

Superstar
Daps
So who is winning the Arizona governor race, is there a hope for Hobbs to win? she is currently leading