2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Have you seen the polling? He's bleeding in every group. The only group keeping him above water are minorities and women.
Yeah right after pulling out of Afghanistan. The next election is over a year out. I am not saying these numbers don’t matter, I am saying it’s too early to say they will still be the same when it’s time for the election.

Covid might be better under control by 2022 as well.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Suburb # is most troubling for Biden. He won 52% of the suburban vote in '20. So he's dropped nearly 10 pts. These white Karens raising hell about CRT and now masks at every school board meeting has effectively cut into his white support there. Fickle ass group are returning home now that Trump is out of the picture.
Same deal, let’s see where things are in 2022.

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
And why is COVID is still on people's mind? Biden ran as the person who would end COVID and these variants are running wild and there's mixed messaging coming from his CDC and out of Washington altogether.
:dead:Let’s blame Biden for dumbasses not getting vaccinated. He did his job the vaccine is available for every American over 12.:hhh:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Democrats wouldn't even get close to defending Biden as he ended a 20-year unpopular war, except Chris Murphy and maybe a couple others. That's definitely putting a battery in Manchin and the other 'moderates' backs to rebuff his agenda.

:dead:Let’s blame Biden for dumbasses not getting vaccinated

*MJYeah.gif*

Biden made a massive misstep by declaring victory way the fukk too early. He told people that if they were vaccinated they didn't have to wear a mask anymore, when any idiot could have told you that the unvaccinated were not just going to follow the honor system and wear masks. And no business was going to enforce it due to all the backlash against 'vaccine passports' and spending a year having their employees getting cussed out and spit on over mask mandates.

So now cases are spiking to their worst level since before he took office, states and localities had to go back to mask mandates and negative covid requirements regardless of vaccination status, and now the White House has started pushing booster shots, which they've already walked back.

I'm fairly lenient on Biden with covid because obviously the well was poisoned before he got there. But he absolutely fukked up the response with unnecessary own goals.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Democrats wouldn't even get close to defending Biden as he ended a 20-year unpopular war, except Chris Murphy and maybe a couple others. That's definitely putting a battery in Manchin and the other 'moderates' backs to rebuff his agenda.

*MJYeah.gif*

Biden made a massive misstep by declaring victory way the fukk too early. He told people that if they were vaccinated they didn't have to wear a mask anymore, when any idiot could have told you that the unvaccinated were not just going to follow the honor system and wear masks. And no business was going to enforce it due to all the backlash against 'vaccine passports' and spending a year having their employees getting cussed out and spit on over mask mandates.

So now cases are spiking to their worst level since before he took office, states and localities had to go back to mask mandates and negative covid requirements regardless of vaccination status, and now the White House has started pushing booster shots, which they've already walked back.

I'm fairly lenient on Biden with covid because obviously the well was poisoned before he got there. But he absolutely fukked up the response with unnecessary own goals.

He was riding high in June :wow: it looked like for a moment that COVID was over. Just for a moment...

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dudes really still dont get it about politics and covid, huh :heh:

if biden had just stuck to his guns since May, puffed his chest out, and said "yeah, i ended covid. everyone in america who wants the vaccine can get one", then that's it. there's nothing that fox news or his critics can say to that. because that was ALWAYS the deal; we were trying to reach complete vaccine availability. there IS no end point past that :mindblown:

but instead, we get biden meekly backtracking on (correctly) saying the unvaccinated don't have to mask up anymore. democrats are once again the face of locking down and masking up. expecting us to hide under our beds every time Slauci pulls another "variant" out of his ass :camby:

i didnt sign up for this bullshyt, and im voting my democrat governor out next year. fukk him

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
2 months ago, every Dem in this country running in 2022 was going to run as a "Biden Democrat". Is that still the case? Or are some going to keep their distance like in '10?
Probably keep their distance. Biden isn't Trump, Obama, or Bill Clinton who had loyal dedicated followings. He's always been looked at just a transition presidential candidate.

And why is COVID is still on people's mind? Biden ran as the person who would end COVID and these variants are running wild and there's mixed messaging coming from his CDC and out of Washington altogether.

:mjlol: Bruh did you see Saagar on Thursday? Ever since the election, he's been talking up how Biden will have a great start to his presidency & that Biden will be as popular as Bill Clinton in the 90's. Now all of a sudden, Saagar now thinks COVID will be the downfall of Biden's presidency & expects the Dems to take a bigger loss in the 2022 midterms than in the 2010 Tea Party red wave midterms:

Saagar and guest host Marshall Kosloff break down the most recent polling showing sinking approval ratings for Joe Biden and what that means for Dems in the midterms. Just as a reminder, Krystal is on vacation and she will return next Thursday.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
2 months ago, every Dem in this country running in 2022 was going to run as a "Biden Democrat". Is that still the case? Or are some going to keep their distance like in '10?
I’m not convinced Afghanistan was that powerful of a political negative.

It’s still fresh and there’s been a full scale assault by the corporate media.

If next around this time if the troops are gone and Biden sticks to his guns about it, I’m not sure anyone will care.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not convinced Afghanistan was that powerful of a political negative.

It’s still fresh and there’s been a full scale assault by the corporate media.

If next around this time if the troops are gone and Biden sticks to his guns about it, I’m not sure anyone will care.
nobody gives a fukk about afghanistan. the average american couldnt find it on a map, and soldiers dying in war isnt seen as a tragedy, but reality. biden can parry that with a simple "how many soldiers did we save going forward"

the only way afghanistan comes back on biden politically is some kind of attack happening on US soil, to civilians

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Depends on how the economy is running. Its weird because even after 2008 once Obama came to power the economy was recovering. Especially in 2010 and Dems still lost the house in 2010. So the economy may recover from the covid recession but Dems will still lose the House because of gerrymandering, voter suppression and low turnout for Dems/high turnouts for the GQP. We saw with the Afghanistan withdrawal how Democrats in congress basically abandoned Biden. So they are quick to distance themselves from him once things got hot. God forbid there is a major scandal or major foreign policy crisis within the next 12 months because these lukewarm Dems will be quick to leave Joe high and dry.

Althalucian

All Star
Daps
Probably keep their distance. Biden isn't Trump, Obama, or Bill Clinton who had loyal dedicated followings. He's always been looked at just a transition presidential candidate.

:mjlol: Bruh did you see Saagar on Thursday? Ever since the election, he's been talking up how Biden will have a great start to his presidency & that Biden will be as popular as Bill Clinton in the 90's. Now all of a sudden, Saagar now thinks COVID will be the downfall of Biden's presidency & expects the Dems to take a bigger loss in the 2022 midterms than in the 2010 Tea Party red wave midterms:

Right. But why are people blaming Biden? It's the American people that are trash. They don't know how to think critically and they are toxic af to each other.

"I hate that Biden didn't win covid-19, so let's vote DeSantis in so he can kill even more of us in all the myriad ways we can possibly die." - The American people.

Idgaf about Biden winning or losing anymore in the grand scheme of things. Trump almost won over Biden despite telling the American people to inject bleach into their bodies and creating an insurrection which he hasn't been punished for.

The United States of America is straight trash. It will inevitably punish Democrats for not being Republicans and vote against all their own self interests. Sure, always vote Dem - I plan to - but the American people will always cater to their own self-destruction, so let's not blame Biden for that.