2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Nothing's changed. The House is theirs. We keep the Senate
You really think the house is the gop after the dobbs decision? Bro it’s not.. before that decision absolutely the gop was on track to take the house… They fumbled the bag and nevermind these polls under counting black voters and ignoring new voter registrations in record numbers in red states lol

Ignore Kansas bushing that abortion amendment, ignore Michigan courts allowing the vote on abortion being illegal on the ballot in nov which hurts republicans

voiture

Superstar
Daps

GhostoftheMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Straight Outta Homeworld
You really think the house is the gop after the dobbs decision? Bro it’s not.. before that decision absolutely the gop was on track to take the house… They fumbled the bag and nevermind these polls under counting black voters and ignoring new voter registrations in record numbers in red states lol

Ignore Kansas bushing that abortion amendment, ignore Michigan courts allowing the vote on abortion being illegal on the ballot in nov which hurts republicans
Idk the economy has been slowly going back to where it was before when it was spiraling right before elections

Daps
That was true before the dobbs decision.. now it’s not
I don't know how you can tell that this is true.

So, let me say that I hope you are right. I think your best argument for being right is that we can see that a lot of people who are likely Dem voters have signed up to vote. It's quite possible that the numbers people like Cohn are underestimating the GotV for younger voters and women who are inclined to vote Dem in order to enshrine abortion rights legislatively.

But I don't think that's something we should bank on. Conventionally, the sitting party struggles in midterms, and conventionally, the economy matters most. I think it's fair to argue that these are not conventional times (especially because a lot of potential Dem voters a) will not be that shook by higher gasoline prices or whatever, or b) are young, have always been broke, and don't think that it's something that will change short-term with a switch in party control of Congress.

But I wouldn't be sure of any of that until I've seen it happen. If it turns out that the Dems hold the House or nearly hold it and keep the Senate, then going forward, I'll be more inclined to land where you have landed.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Gotta reassure people that the economy is recovering. Voters will be looking very closely at the cost of thanksgiving dinner/travel and Christmas gifts heading into the midterms.

I think inflation will continue to be a killer for the party in power.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I don't know how you can tell that this is true.

So, let me say that I hope you are right. I think your best argument for being right is that we can see that a lot of people who are likely Dem voters have signed up to vote. It's quite possible that the numbers people like Cohn are underestimating the GotV for younger voters and women who are inclined to vote Dem in order to enshrine abortion rights legislatively.

But I don't think that's something we should bank on. Conventionally, the sitting party struggles in midterms, and conventionally, the economy matters most. I think it's fair to argue that these are not conventional times (especially because a lot of potential Dem voters a) will not be that shook by higher gasoline prices or whatever, or b) are young, have always been broke, and don't think that it's something that will change short-term with a switch in party control of Congress.

But I wouldn't be sure of any of that until I've seen it happen. If it turns out that the Dems hold the House or nearly hold it and keep the Senate, then going forward, I'll be more inclined to land where you have landed.
It’s not just the new Dem voters.. it’s conservative women in the suburbs that’s going to hand the house to the Dems.. Them chics are like clock work hitting the booths and voting Dem secretly… you see it in the recent voting.. Dems flipping that Alaska seat, Dems flipping NY-19 .. that’s the tangible shyt that don’t lie