2022-2023 NFL Season Random Thoughts Thread

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
recently i was wondering how he played after going to carolina last year. really didnt hear much about him
idk if thats a good thing or bad thing because as a DB getting talked about a lot mean u doing bad in coverage

“The Carolina Panthers traded a 2023 sixth-round pick to the New England Patriots for cornerback Gilmore and paid him roughly $6 million for the second half of the season,” Speilberger writes. “Gilmore was immediately tasked with covering the opposing team’s top players and rose to the challenge with a 79.4 coverage grade and zero missed tackles. With a young secondary that includes 2020 first-round cornerback CJ Henderson and 2021 first-round cornerback Jaycee Horn, Gilmore could be a great veteran mentor for both.”

PFF graded Gilmore out at a 77.1 overall mark, which was good enough to rank him 14th amongst 134 qualifying players at his position in 2021. Over his eight games, the 31-year-old allowed 15 catches for 155 yards and two touchdowns (along with two interceptions) over 22 targets.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bears should have cleaned out these vets, gotten younger and hired a new regime / coaching staff last season. I guess Pace got us Fields though, but the new front office is doing the right thing

Bears are gonna have 100 mil to spend next offseason :whew:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Brozay

What's the verdict on him? We need a legit run stuffer

He chose not to play 2020 Covid year and came back last season and didn’t look the same as pre covid when he played well enough to deserve that contract he got. I think he needed time to ramp back up because he didn’t put in much work during preseason and was limited and that’s coming off missing a full season. I think a good team can get a better year from him. He certainly looked better when he had talent around him. Hicks took a lot of attention off him up front.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: 315