DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Upgraded to the iPhone 13 Pro from the 8 plus this shyt :whew:

120hz on my tv, phone, and iPad Pro :ohlawd:

I think people are so used to upgrading phones that it’s not as exciting an experience when you do it every year or other year. These shyts are all dumb powerful now and for some reason the average person upgrades this tech regularly when they likely don’t need to at all. If I was being super practical I coulda rode out that 8 plus for another 2-3 years at least. I splurged and got the new shyt with all the storage I could ever need with the expectation that it’ll last me at least 3-4 years, if not longer. By then there will be enough meaningful innovation for a new purchase to be exciting again

Last edited:

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
How's the Samsung flip compared to to iPhone 13 pro? I can get an upgrade through work but not sure what to go with. Never had an iPhone before either.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Are smartphones really that big a deal these days. I mean I copped an iPhone 13 max this year but the excitement of buying smartphones have gone.
One of the best things I did last year is stop giving a damn about having the latest smartphone. I feel like a fool now. They had me spending thousands a year to replace perfectly functional devices that did everything I needed them to do with marginally better devices that don't really add much.

Samsung removing MST from all their smartphones after the Note20 helped. I don't want any Samsung phone without MST on my Samsung Pay.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Are smartphones really that big a deal these days. I mean I copped an iPhone 13 max this year but the excitement of buying smartphones have gone.

Yeah, I’ll be on my XS for awhile. Buying the latest smartphone lost its luster a while ago. Doesn’t seem like theres much they can do with them anymore

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
still with my iphone 11 and my contract is up in 6 months, will be glad to just pay my phone bill monthly without a stupid device cost. Don't care about these stupid new features or top cameras.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Getting the latest smartphone is more of a status thing really than function.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
You came from a budget android to apple so of course it's a upgrade...if you had the top of the line Android you woulda seen it's no difference and if anything apple is lacking
Budget phone? They giving a stack back for a budget :usure:

I have experience with all the newest phones, The one plus 5g is straight. I just don’t like advertise I android limitations that you’re not aware of I guess :francis:
The one plus 9 pro just didn't seem impressive..I was more than willing to get it too...camera was hyped up but didn't live up to expectations...sad. I didn't even know LG fell off...
What was wrong with the camera?

ALSO, anyone know how to fix the Wi-Fi disconnect issue? Just happened randomly to me and there’s plenty of troubleshooting links to the problem but so far nothing has worked :damn:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

I have experience with all the newest phones, The one plus 5g is straight. I just don’t like advertise I android limitations that you’re not aware of I guess :francis:

ALSO, anyone know how to fix the Wi-Fi disconnect issue? Just happened randomly to me and there’s plenty of troubleshooting links to the problem but so far nothing has worked :damn:
The camera was grainy and was not as crisp as it could be.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Thanks for the help everybody (crickets) I had to reset my modem and that fixed it but I don’t know why it happened to just me and my girls iPhone 13s. Nothing else in the house was affected, iPhone 11, iPhone 7, One plus 8, all continues to work fine while I figured it out.

So to any new iPhone users, if this happens to you, you’re welcome
The camera was grainy and was not as crisp as it could be.
I used the one plus for a year, initially felt like west you said but did you try all the different camera modes? The default is what you described but portrait is nice, then there’s pro mode which is the only mode that actually uses the 48mp the camera is capable of and the pics won’t look like you described. It’s not the default because each pic is like 10mb or more in that mode and Android the platform has limitations (10mb) in messaging for instance so it’ll downgrade your photo in a message. I’m assuming you didn’t know this but wouldn’t be surprised if you did. If not, the pro mode is nice and you can add music and stuff to any photo or video kind of like iMovie but different

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I got a 13 Pro Max due to be shipped out in a few days to replace my XS Max. I only upgraded because my wife and daughter needed new phones due to battery life issues and Verizon offered us $800 for each of our phones. I'm perfectly happy with my XS, but the 13 will have some meaningful updates that I'm looking forward to such as the 120hz screen, macro and wide lenses, better night photos, and ridiculous battery life.