2020 Random NFL Thoughts Thread

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
So, OBJ's trade netted a 1st and 3rd Rd pick plus Peppers. And as far as QBs goes, that Cutler trade back in the day went for two 1st rounders, a 3rd rounder, & Kyle Orton. I can only imagine what type of haul Deshaun can bring you. PFF did some hypotheticals with teams who would actually have something to trade. Whether it happens or not, its interesting to play around with:ehh:

HYPOTHETICAL TRADE #1:
Miami Dolphins → No. 3 (acquired via Houston), No. 18, 2022 1st, Tua Tagovailoa

HYPOTHETICAL TRADE #2:
New York Jets → No. 2, No. 27 (acquired via Seattle), 2022 1st, Sam Darnold

HYPOTHETICAL TRADE #3:
Jacksonville Jaguars → No. 1, No. 21 (acquired via LA Rams), No. 33

HYPOTHETICAL TRADE #4:
San Francisco 49ers → No. 12, No. 43, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, Jimmy Garoppolo

Dark Horses:
Chicago, New England (Lot of Draft capital and new Texans GM/Pats mole may do them a favor, and WFT.

calh45

Cal
Daps
So, OBJ's trade netted a 1st and 3rd Rd pick plus Peppers. And as far as QBs goes, that Cutler trade back in the day went for two 1st rounders, a 3rd rounder, & Kyle Orton. I can only imagine what type of haul Deshaun can bring you. PFF did some hypotheticals with teams who would actually have something to trade. Whether it happens or not, its interesting to play around with:ehh:

HYPOTHETICAL TRADE #1:
Miami Dolphins → No. 3 (acquired via Houston), No. 18, 2022 1st, Tua Tagovailoa

HYPOTHETICAL TRADE #2:
New York Jets → No. 2, No. 27 (acquired via Seattle), 2022 1st, Sam Darnold

HYPOTHETICAL TRADE #3:
Jacksonville Jaguars → No. 1, No. 21 (acquired via LA Rams), No. 33

HYPOTHETICAL TRADE #4:
San Francisco 49ers → No. 12, No. 43, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, Jimmy Garoppolo

Dark Horses:
Chicago, New England (Lot of Draft capital and new Texans GM/Pats mole may do them a favor, and WFT.

I'll take that #4 option as a 49er fan.....I think Houston would too. Those Pats guys are really in love with Jimmy G for some reason. The Texans keep continuously slapping Deshaun in the face with slights. There ain't no way he's going to just sit back and take it forever.

Off topic - I think this is the year that Lamar goes on a run. People are downplaying how well he's been throwing the ball in the past few weeks. I'm almost sure it's going to be the Ravens vs Bills in the AFC championship game.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I'll take that #4 option as a 49er fan.....I think Houston would too. Those Pats guys are really in love with Jimmy G for some reason. The Texans keep continuously slapping Deshaun in the face with slights. There ain't no way he's going to just sit back and take it forever.

Off topic - I think this is the year that Lamar goes on a run. People are downplaying how well he's been throwing the ball in the past few weeks. I'm almost sure it's going to be the Ravens vs Bills in the AFC championship game.

I just read it again. I didnt see that 22' AND 23' first round picks. I mean, gotdamn. You're already getting the #12 and #43 pick from this year plus a still fairly young QB who can be your bridge. You can still lowkey draft a good QB in this year's draft at #12. At best, maybe the 22? Would yall really wanna get bent over like that?

And I dont think anybody is downplaying it. It's just....it was the Bengals, Giants & Jags man, lol. And he only completed 18 or less passes in all 3 games so he aint exactly carving people up.

But don't get me wrong, he should absolutely shred my Titans D. We have the top 2 worst D to ever make the playoffs apparently which I aint even really need to look up stats to tell that. I'll be worried if he doesn't go off against us at least.

Last edited:

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
I just read it again. I didnt see that 22' AND 23' first round picks. I mean, gotdamn. You're already getting the #12 and #43 pick from this year plus a still fairly young QB who can be your bridge. You can still loekey draft a good QB in this year's draft at #12. At best, maybe the 22? Would yall really wanna get bent over like that?

And I dont think anybody is downplaying it. It's just....it was the Bengals, Giants & Jags man, lol. And he only completed 18 or less passes in all 3 games so he aint exactly carving people up.

But don't get me wrong, he should absolutely shred my Titans D. We have the top 2 worst D to ever make the playoffs apparently which I aint even really need to look up stats to tell that. I'll be worried if he doesn't go off against us at least.
Niners have 40 fas this year and bosa and warner gonna need big extensions. I doubt sf pays that price

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
free Deshaun

gy75yfrg76a61.jpg

calh45

Cal
Daps
I just read it again. I didnt see that 22' AND 23' first round picks. I mean, gotdamn. You're already getting the #12 and #43 pick from this year plus a still fairly young QB who can be your bridge. You can still lowkey draft a good QB in this year's draft at #12. At best, maybe the 22? Would yall really wanna get bent over like that?

Niners have 40 fas this year and bosa and warner gonna need big extensions. I doubt sf pays that price

It's a QB's league. If you have the QB you're going to go far. Deshaun doesn't miss the deep throw in the Super Bowl against the Chiefs. Occasionally, you'll get an amazing defense in the Super Bowl, but more often than not it's won based on who the QB is. Bosa isn't going to win us a title. A young QB doesn't win us the title. Deshaun would win us an actual title if you combine it with Shanny's ability to design offenses/call plays. I'd 10000% pull the trigger, but yeah I doubt Lynch does it.

It's not the number of completions. He's been throwing the ball like he was during his MVP season.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
It's a QB's league. If you have the QB you're going to go far. Deshaun doesn't miss the deep throw in the Super Bowl against the Chiefs. Occasionally, you'll get an amazing defense in the Super Bowl, but more often than not it's won based on who the QB is. Bosa isn't going to win us a title. A young QB doesn't win us the title. Deshaun would win us an actual title if you combine it with Shanny's ability to design offenses/call plays. I'd 10000% pull the trigger, but yeah I doubt Lynch does it.

It's not the number of completions. He's been throwing the ball like he was during his MVP season.

I mean, it's a high ransom and you can never guarantee picks pan out but man, it's alot. And you never know what can happen in the league with injuries or whatever then you're stuck between a rock & a hard place with not nair decent pick until 2024. Don't get me wrong, I'd still do it being as you all already have the talent and etc in place on both sides of the ball so that makes it a little easier to swallow. Be diff I guess if it's a team like the Jets or Jags who already have depleted teams and need to build.

And to me, it shows they there is still some apprehension about winning on the back of his arm. Its a passing league now (with us as an anomaly and yet still have one of the more proficient passing offenses). What happens if you fo down 2 scores again and can't stick to running the ball at your high clip of 56%-58% of the time? What happens when you're not going against offensively challenging teams that's missing QBs? They got a Henry they can trot out to break a 90 yard run? Lol

Going back and watching plays from the Giants and Bengals game, it was a lot of designed runs and the majority of his small # of completions came from either the RZ or lil pocket throws against the zone. I guess we'll see tho. Like I said, our D is a far cry from last year so he SHOULD carve it up. shyt he had 500 yards last year, right? But only like 59% accuracy?

Stepping outside of being a fan for a sec, im a little worried about what I saw vs the Steelers, us, Chiefs, & even the Pats against the hoodie jr's D.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If Deshaun goes to the 49ers it’s a wrap!!!

No Lamar Jackson isn’t about to make a playoff run. They ended the regular season with a five-game win streak, but only one of those wins was against a playoff team. They beat a bunch of nobody’s.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
What makes you think that seriously?

Colts are a good team that have no weaknesses, good in both offense and defense. Taylor's quietly had a really good rookie season; they can run the ball well, their edge rushers are really good with Buckner and Stewart so they can get after Allen. The Colts are the 7th seed but it's not like they're the WFT, They won 11 games for a reason. Do you think the Bills are just going to dominate them? I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Colts win outright.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Colts are a good team that have no weaknesses, good in both offense and defense. Taylor's quietly had a really good rookie season; they can run the ball well, their edge rushers are really good with Buckner and Stewart so they can get after Allen. The Colts are the 7th seed but it's not like they're the WFT, They won 11 games for a reason. Do you think the Bills are just going to dominate them? I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Colts win outright.

Buuuuuuuuttt of the colts 11 wins, they only beat three playoff teams and one of those teams was the 8-8 Bears. The Colts are a good team, but they get beat consistently by better teams. They lost to Cleveland, Baltimore, and Tennessee.

And yes y’all do have weaknesses. The main weakness is Mr. Rivers aka Gotta Throw a Pick in Crunch Time.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Buuuuuuuuttt of the colts 11 wins, they only beat three playoff teams and one of those teams was the 8-8 Bears. The Colts are a good team, but they get beat consistently by better teams. They lost to Cleveland, Baltimore, and Tennessee.

And yes y’all do have weaknesses. The main weakness is Mr. Rivers aka Gotta Throw a Pick in Crunch Time.
We actually split with Tennessee and the first game wasn't a close one either. The second game we had many key players, particularly Buckner and Autry on the DL, out due to COVID so the end result of that one wasn't a surprise.

We hung with Green Bay and won despite the plethora of holding calls. I think it's fair to say this 11-5 team can hang with anybody. We have wins against playoff teams this year.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We actually split with Tennessee and it wasn't a close one either. The second game we had many key players, particularly Buckner and Autry on the DL, out due to COVID so the end result of that one wasn't a surprise.

Everyone has had many key players out with injury and COVID.

but

colts vs bills - colts. This bills hype train had gotten crazy but y’all have a great running game and defense could get a turnover or two to win this game

Rams vs Seahawks- Seahawks. Goff isn’t healthy enough and their backup is trash

Bucs can WFT- Bucs. Alex also isn’t healthy and their backup is trash

Ravens vs Titans- Titans. Henry will continually abuse them.

Bears vs Saints- Saints.

Browns vs Steelers- Steelers. And I don’t think it will be close this time