2020 Hurricane Season said to be "above average" in activity

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
I've been warning many that the 2020s will be the last decade the human species can do something meaningful to mitigate climate change. If you think coronovirus is bad wait until we go past the point of no return in terms of stopping climate change.
Isn't the climate going to change regardless? I don't think we can stop the earth naturally heating up or cooling down or volcanoes erupting or storms getting stronger
I get in some ways we can limit pollution and such but I think things like this will happen no matter what

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Isn't the climate going to change regardless? I don't think we can stop the earth naturally heating up or cooling down or volcanoes erupting or storms getting stronger
I get in some ways we can limit pollution and such but I think things like this will happen no matter what

The earths climate naturally cycles over the course of hundreds to thousands of years, giving species plenty of time to adapt to their new environments.
What we're seeing now isn't natural and it is happening abruptly (over the span of a single human lifetime). There is a direct correlation with our use of fossil fuels (which emit CO2 - a known greenhouse gas that has heated up the planet in the past) and the abrupt change in climate we're seeing. To put it plainly our civilization is a heat engine that emits more co2 than our oceans and vegetation can absorb. This has led to abrupt warming of the planet.
Our government has known about this phenomena since the 80's and has purposely done nothing about. To add insult to injury the fossil fuel industry knew the effect their product had on earths climate and instead has spent the last several decades spreading misinformation and buying off politicians. It will perhaps be the greatest scandal and act of betrayal in human history.

The problem with climate change is that it is a slow moving threat and has effects that are multifaceted. And as we're seeing with the response to this pandemic, humans tend to only take severe action when the threat is immediate. Over the next few decades climate change will become a more apparent threat and by then it will have already been too late to mitigate it.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The earths climate naturally cycles over the course of hundreds to thousands of years, giving species plenty of time to adapt to their new environments.
What we're seeing now isn't natural and it is happening abruptly (over the span of a single human lifetime). There is a direct correlation with our use of fossil fuels (which emit CO2 - a known greenhouse gas that has heated up the planet in the past) and the abrupt change in climate we're seeing. To put it plainly our civilization is a heat engine that emits more co2 than our oceans and vegetation can absorb. This has led to abrupt warming of the planet.
Our government has known about this phenomena since the 80's and has purposely done nothing about. To add insult to injury the fossil fuel industry knew the effect their product had on earths climate and instead has spent the last several decades spreading misinformation and buying off politicians. It will perhaps be the greatest scandal and act of betrayal in human history.

The problem with climate change is that it is a slow moving threat and has effects that are multifaceted. And as we're seeing with the response to this pandemic, humans tend to only take severe action when the threat is immediate. Over the next few decades climate change will become a more apparent threat and by then it will have already been too late to mitigate it.

So the earth going through an ICE age was an lie?

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
2020 like:

SimpleIncomparableGuppy-size_restricted.gif

:picard:

93 til

Superstar
Daps
That's why I :francis: when folks say we should be in the clear from the virus during the summer until it potentially pops back up in October. Like shyt we got other things to worry about in that time frame