2020 Emmy Nominations

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Whole post is facts but the bolded is super facts.

I thought season 3 was entertaining but it's hard to believe the Demogorgon is a world ending threat when it keeps getting washed by a group of kids.

Never mind the Russian shyt. They need to wrap Stranger Things up. I realize it's a throw back to 80's movies but when it's one group of kids doing 80's style fukkery that would've been spread across 4-5 movies ("Red Dawn", "E.T.", etc.) it gets kinda ridiculous. They're basically all super heroes at this point.

Fred.

how the hell with all of the fukkery during season 1 of stranger things (and during the damn Cold War) was the fukking FBI and CIA not all over that town. And then you have pre-teens as the heroes and even managing to outfox high schoolers.

shyt was just crazy. I applaud them giving us that 80s vibe and being so meticulous with it. That’s where the show really shines. But they have a hard time balancing the “kid shyt” with what amounts to legit crime fighting and literally none of the kids getting seriously injured/killed.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
how the hell with all of the fukkery during season 1 of stranger things (and during the damn Cold War) was the fukking FBI and CIA not all over that town. And then you have pre-teens as the heroes and even managing to outfox high schoolers.

shyt was just crazy. I applaud them giving us that 80s vibe and being so meticulous with it. That’s where the show really shines. But they have a hard time balancing the “kid shyt” with what amounts to legit crime fighting and literally none of the kids getting seriously injured/killed.
I said literally the exact same thing to one of my people. :mjlol:

The show is too popular and the actors are all fan favorites. There is zero weight to the "danger" of the show.

And yeah as far as the CIA and FBI....matter of fact, never mind them. How does all this shyt keep happening, but only the same handful of people notice it every season? :dahell:

Fred.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whole post is facts but the bolded is super facts.

I thought season 3 was entertaining but it's hard to believe the Demogorgon is a world ending threat when it keeps getting washed by a group of kids.

Never mind the Russian shyt. They need to wrap Stranger Things up. I realize it's a throw back to 80's movies but when it's one group of kids doing 80's style fukkery that would've been spread across 4-5 movies ("Red Dawn", "E.T.", etc.) it gets kinda ridiculous. They're basically all super heroes at this point.

Fred.
They've become the Fast and Furious of Netflix. Season 6 is going to have Dustin in Brazil speaking fluent Portuguese while hacking into their federal reserve while his parents think he's at Will's house.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
They've become the Fast and Furious of Netflix. Season 6 is going to have Dustin in Brazil speaking fluent Portuguese while hacking into their federal reserve while his parents think he's at Will's house.

those kids are really on some Oceans 11 shyt and literally take no losses besides El’s occasional nosebleeds and that’s after she is just finished fukking someone up.

Netflix is gonna ride this shyt into the ground like Showtime does with it shows

• Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Rooting for everyone black don’t care if any white people got snubbed.

I really wanna see Issa win her first Emmy. She did very good in Insecure this season.

Also this MIGHT finally be Anthony Anderson’s year to take home best Actor.

Regina King will probably win for Watchmen.

But what I REALLY want to see is Eddie Murphy win for returning to SNL. He was PERFECT in every sketch.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, it's disappointing to see another year with Rhea not being nominated :martin:, despite giving one of the best performances on TV.

I was surprised Bob Odenkirk didn't get nominated, as he usually does :francis:

I didn't expect it, but no love for the final season of Mr. Robot which was terrific :francis:

Will Arnett ends his run as Bojack with zero nominations ever for voice work, despite giving one of the best performances on TV over 6 years :francis:

In the surprise areas, nice to see What We Do in the Shadows get a nom, along with Chidi and Janet for The Good Place :ehh:

Yeah Can’t take these awards too seriously:francis:

Will Arnett killed it as bojack :francis:

disappointed Ramy wasn’t nominated as best comedy... I hope the good place takes it

also no normal people for limited series:stopitslime:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The Kominsky Method (which nobody has ever seen)stole Ramy's spot

I actually saw the first season with my girlfriend last year and thought it was a fun watch. No fukking way on an elite/nominee worthy status but I can't hate on that show too much :manny: