2017 XXL FRESHMEN Class Cover Out Now

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Every year you nikkas post the XXL Freshman list just to rush in here and call it trash :mjlol:

And soak up old man daps from other out of touch nikkas :mjlol:

When 2 or 3 years from now you'll all be dikkriding these same artists :mjlol::mjlol:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
A Boogie cool
Xxx music is hit or miss
Kyle dude is okay
Ugly God verse was good on that song with Dex
Carti mixtape was not good but Broke Boi is dope song

The rest I'll check something out

Can we please stop The "Who are these folks" comments too, if you don't know the folks just fukking google them
If we don't know who they are maybe they shouldn't be on there lol. I mean lets be real some people have made this list in the past and we never heard of them other then the list. You got to be somewhat known to truly be on a freshman hiphop list imo.

Last edited:

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
The only noteworthy person I see here is the homie Aminé. xxxtentacion is :trash: and I don't even know the rest but I doubt they any much different tbh.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
read this entire thread...cover is comedy, but then the names yall are mentioning as needing to be on it are ever more comedic. wtf is a famous dex? tee grizzley? i know mozzy...:heh:

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
The only noteworthy person I see here is the homie Aminé. xxxtentacion is :trash: and I don't even know the rest but I doubt they any much different tbh.
Hold on scratch that Ugly god is pretty decent as well.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Booth posters love bragging about how out of touch they are :mjlol:

XXX
A-Boogie
PNB Rock
Carti

All deserve to be on the list

Kap G
Ugly God

you can argue for

The rest of the list however :camby:

I'd replace everyone else with:
SahBabii
Tee Grizzley
NBA YoungBoy
Famous Dex

That would be a good list to me
Me personally I think that the obvious ones who were going to make it were :
Carti
A Boogie
PNB Rock
XXX

Arguable ones:
Madeintyo
Ugly God

The others gotta go though :mjlol: Kamiyah has a fanbase but she is local asf ... You putting Kamiyah you might as well put Lud Foe or some shyt :mjlol: .... Amine & Kap G have songs no fanbase though :camby:... Kyle has a little fanbase but nah there are others more deserving

My list would have been :
Carti
A Boogie
PNB Rock
XXX
Tee Grizzley
NBA Youngboy
Mozzy
Dexter
Don Q
Montana of 300

Btw this list shows how much Trill Sammy fell off in a matter of a year:mjlol::mjlol:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
madeintyo bigger than everyone else on the cover with him
PnB is eh...only know about him cause philly
XXX is trash
Kap G had on here off the strength of one pretty good song
Carti's appearance on this is great timing for him actually.
A boogie makes some of the most generic sounding music since Kid Ink and Tyga

IDK how famous dex not on here but he's ass anyway

i've been listening to alot of other stuff lately, old school R&B, classics and so on. all that lyrical miracle and gangsta stuff is out the window now judging by what these magazines pushing forward. it's really over. the music i grew up don't live on the radio anymore, even on the internet you have to really look for it.

I'm on to Jazz, alternative and failing black female artists now :mjcry:

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If we don't know who they are maybe they should be on there lol. I mean lets be real some people have made this list in the past and we never heard of them other then the list. You got to be somewhat known to truly be on a freshman hiphop list imo.

I mean I don't listen to the radio at all so I don't know who getting spins and I don't read any hip hop blogs
So I barely know folks unless they brought up on here in a thread or when I'm browsing YouTube and a video catch my eye. I could give u a list of who I'd want but I truly don't know if these kids on that cover making a lot of noise or not

I'll give some of these kids a listen because maybe they make good music, if they don't oh well I'll go back to my regular programming :manny: