2013 - Official College Football Random Thoughts thread

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
:damn: :damn: :damn:

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2013/10/emu_football_player_found_dead.html

drjpeg-e008efc57e35bb58.jpeg

young brother from chicago :to:

Eastern University Michigan officials confirmed Friday that the homicide victim found in the hallway of an Ypsilanti apartment building is football player Demarius Reed.

Ypsilanti police Detective Sgt. Thomas Eberts said police believe the cause of death to be a gunshot wound.

Reed was discovered dead in a hallway at the University Green apartments in the 700 block of West Clark Road by his roommate around 7:15 a.m. Friday, police said.

Around noon, police said it would be a few more hours before any additional information was released.

Reed, a junior wide receiver from Chicago, had started all six games for Eastern this season and was the team's fourth-leading receiver with 15 catches for 185 yards and a touchdown.

Investigators spent about five hours at the scene. The sole entrance on the west side of the building was blocked off with crime tape that entire time. Officers could be seen through a window in the stairwell of the hallway where police said the body was found.

Several residents of the apartment complex who entered and exited the building's east side entrance Friday morning told The Ann Arbor News they did not hear any gunshots overnight.

Kristy Stanford, an Eastern Michigan University student who lives in the building, said she heard a large group of people having what she called a pre-party Thursday night. She said they were preparing to leave for a party elsewhere. She was questioned by police Friday morning.

"I woke up this morning and someone was knocking on our door, but we didn’t answer," she said. "We looked outside and we saw all of the caution tape. The police asked us questions like was it a party last night, did you hear gunshots or was there anyone lingering around."

At about 11 a.m., a van from the Washtenaw County Medical Examiner's Officer came and the body was taken out of the building. A woman who was brought to the scene by Ypsilanti police detectives cried out in the parking lot just before the body was brought out. The woman is believed to be one of Reed's family members. The woman was quickly taken away from the scene in a police vehicle. :to:

A truck arrived shortly afterward and towed a black Chevy Impala with Illinois license plates. Reed is a Chicago native.

Detectives cleared the scene around noon. Officers stayed behind to finished clearing the scene.

coulda been me :wow:

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
i'm so sick of this shyt

EMU is RIGHT NEXT TO U OF M

and yet kids have gotten MURDERED there since I was in school. As SOON as you cross the traintracks behind campus you go into no man's land and its grimey FOR NO REASON. People think of emu as a piece of shyt because of stuff like this and if kids are getting shot and girls raped how can you argue it?? WHY is ypsi so grimey and ann arbor a GOAT city in america. It disgusts me.

I want this school to be as good as its college of business but no matter how many student centers and whatnot you build, its a joke because violence clouds all of that.

Words can not describe how much I'd love EMU to be a football or even MAC powerhouse but when I say I went to EMU, i DON'T want that :usure: look because of its growing reputation.

RIP that kid

i don't know his life but nobody deserves to get shot in college.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Im so damn tired of hearing about Death Valley and all that crap. I cant wait to see Jameis shut all that shyt up. Apparently FSU is favored but im seeing everybody on TV pick Clemson

really?
everywhere i saw clemson was fav by like 2.5 although its prob dropped now .

Woodwerkz

R.I.P. King Bean #8 #24 and Little Deuce #2 Gigi
Daps
Reppin
Mamba Mentality # Kobe&GiGi. #LakerNation #LWO
Im so damn tired of hearing about Death Valley and all that crap. I cant wait to see Jameis shut all that shyt up. Apparently FSU is favored but im seeing everybody on TV pick Clemson

What shows have you been watching b/c so far a majority has been picking FSU over Clemson. Other than on First Take...Clemson hasn't gotten the majority picks by anyone else [either 50/50 or in FSU favor]...all they have been talking about is "Jameis is so poised...Winston can escape and keep his eyes downfield...the FSU defense is more consistent...the FSU secondary is top notch...Winston was on the pratice team that travelled so he's use to hostile venues...etc...blah blah blah." The media has been downtalking Clemson so much it's ridiculous. Like the one announcer pointed out Clemson was only giving up 14ppg and the other one was like "but they play in the ACC"
I'm sitting here like :aicmon: what league do FSU play in then?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
yep clemson is +3 on 5dimes. that's pretty shocking.

i find it very shocking
clemson is at home, and has the vet qb, yes winston is amazing but we all saw last year when marcus mariota went up against stanford and got flustered and frustrated

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
They are really hedging on FSU being able to win the battle against the Clemson defense. Outside of Jameis they still have a great trio of RB's as well. They'll probably lean on the them if the game is tight to keep Winston from forcing throws.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
What shows have you been watching b/c so far a majority has been picking FSU over Clemson. Other than on First Take...Clemson hasn't gotten the majority picks by anyone else [either 50/50 or in FSU favor]...all they have been talking about is "Jameis is so poised...Winston can escape and keep his eyes downfield...the FSU defense is more consistent...the FSU secondary is top notch...Winston was on the pratice team that travelled so he's use to hostile venues...etc...blah blah blah." The media has been downtalking Clemson so much it's ridiculous. Like the one announcer pointed out Clemson was only giving up 14ppg and the other one was like "but they play in the ACC"
I'm sitting here like :aicmon: what league do FSU play in then?
All truths.:manny::umad:Doggie??

:smugbiden: