2013 - Official College Football Random Thoughts thread

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I read the freshman Johnson is giving him quite the fight for the job
Yeah, he is. I don't know if they want to start a FR though. If they bring him on right, Johnson can be an NFL caliber QB IMO. He's got the size, talent, and fundamentals.

Apparently, Marshall is a freak athlete though ie cannon for an arm and runs 4.4s. We'll see here soon.

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
This got damn fool
qugydu7e.jpg

:what:
I really have no idea why CBS ups him like they do. His predictions are crap, he's not a very good announcer, he doesn't do anything unique.

Heading into the 2010 season he was tweeting how well Houston Nutt is doing at Ole Miss and I replied that Ole Miss wouldn't have back to back 9 win seasons again under Nutt. He RT'd it, omitting some of the tweet, and called me every name under the sun, saying that Ole Miss under Nutt is the new "it" team or something along those lines. He just kept replying "YOU ARE WRONG!" before adding 2-3 other sentences per tweet. I told him to put his career on it and that Nutt wouldn't win 9 games in one season at Ole Miss ever again. He called Nutt a great recruiter, I said that Ole Miss was winning with Orgeron's players.

Nutt didn't even win 9 games in the last two seasons he had there. I never replied to him on Twitter to rub it in because it wasn't that important, but he really showed what kind of moron he is.

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
Said what? We went 6-6 in 2011 after losing all those transfers because of Lane. Best O-Line in the SEC with some serviceable backs 7-5 or 8-4 isn't too far fetched. You worry about ya squad winning more than 3 games.
in 2011 Tennessee went 5-7 because Dooley lost to Kentucky, who fielded a WR at QB because they were out of players to start.

It was the first loss to Kentucky by Tennessee in 26 years. Dooley was 17 when the streak started.

Here's what I've heard about practices so far:
-The OL looks good
-The RBs are right where they were last year, for better or worse. They'll be depended on in a major way this year.
-The WRs are coming together nice. They've progressed the most and look like they'll be competitive, despite few of them actually having experience.
-The QBs are bad. They likely won't have their shyt together until late in the season. Hopefully it's not so bad that there's a QB controversy.
-The DL already has three injuries.
-LBs are good, but very thin at the position. Outside of the starters it's not looking good (4th quarter trouble)
-DBs lost Riyahd Jones. WR Vincent Dallas (Jr) was moved to DBs to help with depth issues after the injury. SS Jalen Reeves-Maybin was moved to LB to help with the depth issues at LB too.

Tennessee should win 6 games. If Butch Jones gets 7 out of this team then he's going to be a good coach for UT. Anything less than .500 is worrisome, but like you've pointed out, this season and next season are largely rebuild years (again).

Starting to get old watching Tennessee trying to get back on top of things, but that's just how things work sometimes. Let the Good Ol Boy Network take the wheel for too long and drove UT right into 200+ million dollars of debt and shytty ADs/coaches.