2001: A Space Odyssey

Daps
Reppin
NY
:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Someone please explain this movie and the hype over why it's so great cus I just watched that shyt and :mindblown:

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Greatest SciFi movie ever maybe. Top 3 at least. I don't know how to explain why its hyped. If you don't like it you don't like it. Its amazingly shot, directed, scripted, scored, and has crazy set design and effects for it's time. The slow pace turns people off but it builds the tension for me. It makes you think, and has a lot of little nuances that people are still discussing today. There are a lot of "classic" movies that I don't get the hype for either but this one deserves it in my opinion.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Someone please explain this movie and the hype over why it's so great cus I just watched that shyt and :mindblown:
Its hard to explain. One, its a sci-fi movie made in 1969 and its special effects STILL hold up to this day. This movie is why people believe Kubrick faked the moon landings for the government. So, the movie is absolutely gorgeous. You see the evolution of the human from a stupid ape into the space faring race as depicted in the movie, which is really awesome. Of course the twist here is that an artifact somehow imbibed the monkey with knowledge of how to use tools. It is a very slow movie and the first 15-20 minutes of the movie has no dialogue. What to appreciate here is the cinematography and soundtrack. Like when the space craft is docking and it plays those classical waltz songs :ahh: it also helps if you appreciate Cinematography because Kubrick is a fukking master. I don't know how to explain much more.. Its just awesome, but like most Kubrick movies, it may take multiple views or a completely different perspective to appreciate it.

Smoking weed before helps, as long as its some sativa, otherwise you're going to be :deadrose:

_curb_

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CALI
aliens breh

also, i had to watch it a few times before i started to notice all the things that rotate and all the rectangular shapes...

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I need to cop this movie one day. Tried watching it with my fam a few times during my late elementary years and I'd fall asleep within the first 15-20 minutes.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I need to cop this movie one day. Tried watching it with my fam a few times during my late elementary years and I'd fall asleep within the first 15-20 minutes.
redbull and weed :ahh:

I always thought the movie was like 3hr+ as a youngin but its actually only 2hr 20min..its really not too bad once you get passed that beginning stretch

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!

Once you read the book(or a synopsis of it), you'll understand how important the first 15 mins of the movie is.