20 years ago "A Goofy Movie" came out and introduced us to POWERLINE

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
man this is kind of sad looking back on it, Like damn, its really been 20 years since I was a kid watching this piff not knowing that 20 years later ima be working an office job feeling old AF. Cant even say I want to watch this with my son in the future because these kids nowadays arent trying to see this sh*t. I cant blame them, theyre from a different generation. At least I know my brehs on the coli got old with me :sadcam: + :to: = Me right now.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tumblr_mkl6geMYBC1r0j06zo1_500.jpg

I always looked at that as animated MJ

Same until I watched again last year and realised it was supposed to be Bobby Brown, I'm a big B Bown fan so it was kinda obvious. Always felt like they used this performance as a template, shoulder pads wasnt even popping in '95

edit- Just checked, its true
Bobby Brown was the original choice for Powerline in A Goofy Movie, and had some songs recorded but was cut due to drug problems. The songs “I 2 I” and “Stand Out” were performed by R&B singer Tevin Campbell for the film

http://disneytrivia.tumblr.com/post/15618532592/bobby-brown-was-the-original-choice-for-powerline

from YT

Some of the songs on the Forever album were supposed to be in Disney's A Goofy Movie, but were cut due to Bobby Brown's drug abuse.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Songs are regulars in my gym rotation.
Movie was hot fire for a young breh going through the same thing (awkward phase) in high-school at the time.
Yes, I am indeed old as fukk.