2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Danny Green needs to go

its a lot easier making shots in toronto and sa when the world isn't watching

theres a reason why dude shrinks in the playoffs. all eyes on you
I don't know why anyone gives this theory any credit. It's pure bullshyt. Danny is a vet and he's a baller with tons of playoff history. 40% lifetime on threes in the regular season. 40% lifetime on threes in the playoffs. Come on now.

Biggest spotlight of his life? Averaged 14ppg hitting 27-49 threes (55%) in 7 games the 2013 Finals. Set a Finals record for threes in the first five games. The next year he had a lesser role because Kawhi had stepped up and the games were also over earlier, but still hit 9-20 threes (45%) in 5 games in the 2014 Finals and shot 48% from three in that playoff run overall. Even last year people were talking like he wasn't hitting in the Finals, but he still went 12-33 (36%) from three, the exact same percentage that Lowry and Kawhi hit and with almost as many attempts.

How about what he's done under the spotlight lately?

First big game of the year, in Staples Center against the Clippers for opening night...how about 10-14 from the field including 7-9 from three, 28 points.

Second huge game of the year, on the road against the Bucks....how about 7-12 from the field including 7-11 from three, 21 points.

And who hit the biggest shot of the season so far? Down 3 against the Mavs on the final possession, who did they go to?

He's streaky, like many shooters. That's it. Right now he's also getting older so the Lakers need to make sure they manage him so that he's still fresh for the postseason, but he's hitting 37% of his threes this season and people talking like he's flabby or something. He's still the most reliable 3pt shooting option they have.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Green's playing slightly below his standard but he should pick it up.

I still can't believe the Lakers didn't sign Rondae Hollis Jefferson over the Raptors. Dude could have been in LA instead he's in cold ass Toronto getting clowned by Nick Nurse half the time.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Green's playing slightly below his standard but he should pick it up.

I still can't believe the Lakers didn't sign Rondae Hollis Jefferson over the Raptors. Dude could have been in LA instead he's in cold ass Toronto getting clowned by Nick Nurse half the time.

Why blame Rob? RHJ agent some shyt for not gettin him here.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
you would be the first one to start whining if the King had 3 pts in the 4th (all from free throws too)

AD has been consistently poor in clutch situations this year :yeshrug:

I suppose that’s a fair point. I know I woulda talked some shyt. AD really be reminding me of Pau sometimes the way he’s forced out of the paint and taking perimeter shots. He’s Black tho so he got way more blackletcism to make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.