2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
Of course. But barring injury or the brain fart of the century it’s lookin like they might close the deal. I’m just waiting to see how it happens.

Not sure if we can even get that much for Luzma he’s at such a low point right now. But yeah if he can’t get out of it then we’ll need to move on. He had one job and it fit him perfectly but the LA lifestyle taking him down.

Yeah I'm hoping that being that the Laker sheen can blind a GM or two :lolbron:

But we'll have to trade him anyways, whether he was playing well or not. Kuz is going to demand 25 mil a year, and Penny Pinching Pelinka ain't paying a one dimensional player that kind of money longterm

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I would hope kuz not hitting lizzo but he look like the type of dude to hit any chick with a bit of fame.:mjlol:

I was watching the Wolves broadcast last night. Some sideline reporter for the Wolves interviewed her. She told them that she was there checking for KAT. :mjlol:

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
With as bad as Cook and Daniels have looked I wouldn't mind him getting some of their minutes. At least he's bigger and can develop into the backup SF that the team needs with his length.
It might sound like Swagnificent take but the way he looked out there hes gonna be a star,

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Of course. But barring injury or the brain fart of the century it’s lookin like they might close the deal. I’m just waiting to see how it happens.

Not sure if we can even get that much for Luzma he’s at such a low point right now. But yeah if he can’t get out of it then we’ll need to move on. He had one job and it fit him perfectly but the LA lifestyle taking him down.

I think you could find a trade partner for Kuzma.....

He is having to adjust to a situation where his touches had to decrease,,,,,,

That said where he has to make his presence felt now is on the defense and playmaking side of the ball

Keep his turnovers low and choose where to pick his spots

His real threat is ironically the talent the Lakers have cooking down on the South Bay roster

They might be looking at Kuz as food

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
I was actually very impressed by THT's handle and quickness in his couple minutes out there. A little herky jerky but I didn't know he had that :ehh:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I think you could find a trade partner for Kuzma.....

He is having to adjust to a situation where his touches had to decrease,,,,,,

That said where he has to make his presence felt now is on the defense and playmaking side of the ball

Keep his turnovers low and choose where to pick his spots

His real threat is ironically the talent the Lakers have cooking down on the South Bay roster

They might be looking at Kuz as food

Kostas gon fukk around and make him expendable....:ufdup:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Tony Allen is wondering what the hell he had to do to make your list.

I don't think elite wing defenders have as big an impact as you're thinking. The best guys I remember ever defending Bron have been Jimmy Butler, Kawhi, and Iggy. None of the three could shut him down, it was just that they could make Bron work very hard and keep him from beating the team 1-on-5. That's been true for most stars over history - no one in single-coverage could ever stop MJ or Kobe either, if they had a bad day it was either elite team defense or they did it to themselves.

There are many strong wing defenders in the league - Roberson, Anunoby, Klay, Tucker, PG13, Butler, Giannis, Simmons. Covington I guess can go up there, by reputation he's one of the top wing defenders in the league I just don't watch him very much and am not super impressed when I have seen him. Draymond is surprisingly good at defending wings despite playing 4/5 most of the time. Kawhi we all assume can play elite defense except he's not showing it for long stretches anymore out of some combination of health and saving himself for offense.

But if someone wants to stop Bron it's a lot more about switching defenders frequently, having a rim protector to back them up, and having a strong team game plan on the defensive side of the ball that keeps his driving lanes and passing lanes closed off as frequently as possible.

Clippers have PG13, Kawhi, and even Beverley to switch onto LeBron, but they kinda fukked on rim protection right now.
Nuggets have Millsap, Grant, Barton....no rim protector but they often seem to get away with it.
Rockets have Tucker and Thabo with Capela behind them.
Bucks have Giannis and Middleton with Lopez (and Giannis) behind them.
Celtics would switch Tatum, Brown, Smart, Hayward, with Theis behind them.

All the good teams "can" defend LeBron to a degree. None of them can shut him down at the level he's playing at right now. And the big difference from previous years....LeBron has NEVER had another guy his size who could be relied on to take over offensively whenever a team focused its defense on stopping LeBron at all costs. Kyrie and Wade were great offensive players, but most teams still just committed one guard to defending them. Bosh had a lot of problems exerting his will when on Miami. But AD.....the issue is that teams have to have a great 3/4 to guard LeBron AND another one to guard AD and they don't get breaks and the team defense needs to account for both of them.

That's why I'd say that if the Lakers avoid any injuries, and keep playing the way they're playing, they will indeed win the title. Those are big "ifs" though. They have a lot of older and/or injury-prone players, and there's no guarantee that some of these guys will keep playing this way in the playoffs.

I LOVE HOW BRON GROUPIES REGULARLY USE THE TERM “MENTAL ILLNESS” WHEN THIS GUY IS THEIR LEADER

Status
Not open for further replies.