2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Rondo's improved his shot to the point where you can trust him to hit threes when teams leave him open. Last four years he's 36% from three.

And I'm convinced that last year on defense he was just coasting because it was regular season, especially when the team started looking like shyt. He's always been a fine defender, he's getting old now but not THAT old. In the playoffs he'll bring it. It's just a question of how much mileage he has left.
Rondo hasn't been good on defense in years. Pelicans had to bench him against the Warriors in the playoffs because Kerr would attack him on damn near every possession.

Plus, if even if he is more of a capable shooter he still isn't a willing shooter so teams will continue to leave him open. He deserves a chance because he's one of the few players on the team with any P&R ability but I can't say I'm optimistic about his return.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Rondo hasn't been good on defense in years. Pelicans had to bench him against the Warriors in the playoffs because Kerr would attack him on damn near every possession.

Plus, if even if he is more of a capable shooter he still isn't a willing shooter so teams will continue to leave him open. He deserves a chance because he's one of the few players on the team with any P&R ability but I can't say I'm optimistic about his return.
He played just fine on defense against the Blazers in the series before (they were doing a lot of trapping on Dame to shut him down and force the other Blazers to beat them) and against the Celtics in the playoffs the year before that. Warriors were a bad matchup because Steph can obviously cook him and Klay is 5" taller than him. He was still +10 in 108 minutes over the first three games of that series (+10 against the WARRIORS!) before the wheels came off in Game 4.

I should say he's getting up there in years so I'm not completely confident of him at all this year. He looked really bad after the injuries started last season. I just think that his regular season effort and playoff effort aren't a fair comparison.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.