2 movies ive never been able to fully sit through....THE WARRIORS & A CLOCKWORK ORANGE

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
For me its apocalypse now and blade runner both considered goats in their genre but just a hard watch. Especially blade runner shyt is so slow.

I made it through Apocalypse Now but I'd never watch it ever again. I tried Blade Runner multiple times on different moods and I still couldn't watch it all the wa, I always tap out before 30 mins.

Don't know why The Warriors would be a hard watch though even dudes I know that thought the movie was corny watched it all the way through.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
warriors is one of my favorite movies. they just don't make films like that anymore :dry:

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
You couldn't sit through The Warriors? Really? :comeon:

The only thing that was off about that movie was all the racially mixed gangs. Even the skinhead gang was rolling with black gang members to get at the Warriors cmon now :russ:

Daps
For me its apocalypse now and blade runner both considered goats in their genre but just a hard watch. Especially blade runner shyt is so slow.

aww hell naaw. blade runner my dude?? nah breh. you're going to have to give some solid ass reasons because blade runner is top 10. classic shytt.

got mad quotables too ...

"Describe in single words only the good things that come into your mind"

Daps
You couldn't sit through The Warriors? Really? :comeon:

The only thing that was off about that movie was all the racially mixed gangs. Even the skinhead gang was rolling with black gang members to get at the Warriors cmon now :russ:

Just to contribute, I'll add my $0.02 regarding the two movies:

The Warriors: First watched this almost two years ago on Blu-Ray. It was a really tight movie. I'd played (& completed) the game before, so I was kind of primed for enjoying the movie. It was real fast-paced, edge of your seat type experience. Was not disappointed at all. I am not sure how much this reflects reality but I didn't mind the fact that all the gangs were racially mixed.

ASIDE: Surely it's not that far out to claim that you had racially mixed gangs in NY during the 70s? I've read extensively on the subject and have even watched a documentary or two. To my understanding a few of the gangs had a racial component, but for the most part gangs were mostly territorial and NY was a multiracial cultural potpourri in the 70s. So if the territory in question was multiracial then the local gangs reflected this. I'm only speaking from what I've read though so if you know more, please weigh in.

But at any rate, I didn't mind seeing black faces in the movie. All too often with these old movies, the racial component is slanted towards cacs regardless of whether or not this fits the context, but in the Warriors they did it right. They even had an all Chinese gang in that joint if I'm not mistaken.

Finally, the main chick in The Warriors was extremely attractive. Time has not been kind to her, but she definitely looks good in the movie. To be honest, there's really nothing bad I can say about The Warriors. It's a great fukkin movie and I don't see how anyone could dislike it.

A Clockwork Orange:
ACO is a trippy ass movie. I don't see how anyone could glean any sort of genuine enjoyment out of this movie unless they were sedated or high off of some sort of stimulant. There's lots of violent scenes and the slang is really out there. I mean you can follow along with what they are saying but the slang can sometimes get burdensome and add to that that really thick british (scottish?) accent and you've got a serious breakdown in communication, assuming that you were born and raised on this side of the Atlantic of course. I have nothing against ACO as such, but I feel like the movie didn't do the book justice. Even before I read up a bit more on the movie on Wikipedia I knew it was based on a book. Had ACO started as a script in Kubrick's head it wouldn't have turned out so fragmented or confusing. I just watched ACO right now so it's still very fresh in my head, but I'd say it's 'meh'. It's like one of those movies that hipsters overrate. I am not against the content per se it's more like I feel like Kubrick experimented a bit too much by flouting accepted story-telling conventions and this did not work to his favor.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The warriors is my shyt. I could never sit through the godfather or blade runner either.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
man, I haven't seen a clockwork orange, but the warriors is dope. yeah its kinda campy with the gangs, but it's still enjoyable. also, the video game that was on PS2 that rockstar made was pretty fun as well.