[2/3/24] AEW Collision: CMLL invasion continues, The Patriachy vs. FTR & Garcia; Kingston vs. Bryan Keith; Aminata vs. Deeb; Hear from Mark Briscoe

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
I like a lot when I see luchadores out of México. Don't have to stand weird camera cuts to the crowd and those weird rules they have sometimes there.

They can have straightforward matches, sometimes with great results. Danielson vs Hechicero was fire, just like his entrance :wow:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I don't understand that. Don't get me wrong, the announcement was a cool moment; but I'm sure BK signed W-2s & got a new hire packet beforehand, right?
He was already on a tiered deal of some sort, which gives AEW the option to bump him up to full-time.

Think of it like an NBA team exercising a team option on a player.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
A bit more context, @Rollie Forbes

AEW's tiered deals are basically guaranteed pay, but less than what a full-timer makes of course. It also comes with per-appearance payments, and they get paid a premium per-appearance fee relative to what unsigned talent get.

The talent are free to take whatever non-AEW bookings they want without having to get it pre-approved by AEW, but AEW is supposed to take priority over everything else.

The talent are free to negotiate contract offers with other companies, but AEW gets the right to match any other contract offers the talent receives. Similar to how an NBA restricted free agency works.

AEW also has the rights to promote them to full-time.

So it's kind of a hybrid between an NBA two-way player and restricted free agent type deal.

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Apparently Bryan Keith was not told beforehand that he would be announced All Elite, so his reaction was authentic.

I don't understand that. Don't get me wrong, the announcement was a cool moment; but I'm sure BK signed W-2s & got a new hire packet beforehand, right?
Wasn’t that shyt already announced WEEKS ago?