1993 = The Overall Best Year For Modern Urban Music

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
CAN I GET IN MY R&B BAG RIGHT QUICK?

i was always into music, basically since birth. but '93 was the year where i became officially obsessed with this chit. it was also the proverbial "off the porch" year as well.

while onyx' "slam" was the main song that got me hooked on the radio, this was a close 2nd and was the song that really set it off for me on the r&b tip:

its ridiculous how the media throws shade on them.

11 million views for this video.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
son.....Buckshot was the impetus to the whole nikkas running around ready to murder people. my man had had a rhyme where he killed somebody.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
son.....Buckshot was the impetus to the whole nikkas running around ready to murder people. my man had had a rhyme where he killed somebody.

where do you rank him?

and where do you sit black moon amongst the groups?

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
it was a murder that truly fukked me up......they threw a beautiful black man off the roof...that shyt shyt fukked me up cuz i had a relationship with him....

KRS ONE

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Big Mel said:
Like on some real shyt...as a nikka that was there and saw it thru...Buckshot & Busta predate nikkas wanting to be Method Man....

dreaded N word....i know.

YOOOOOOO!!!!! Buckshot came down here to do a show back in '96.
Dude only came up to my shoulder.....:lolbron:...... but was built like a gotdamn battleship.

Word of advice: Don't shake his hand unless you have a strong wrist and/or good insurance.​

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
it was a murder that truly fukked me up......they threw a beautiful black man off the roof...that shyt shyt fukked me up cuz i had a relationship with him....

KRS ONE

the coli collective wants to know.

i don't see how buckshot isn't at least an automatic top 40 artist. just off the strength of "enta the stage" alone.

i should be seeing him in some top 20s actually, given the nature of certain lists.

Last edited:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
This one just took me by surprise. I was aware of the single they released, but the rest of the material on this album had me like........:mindblown:

One of the few groups I've liked where the second album was even better than the first, IMO.​

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Wacky D said:
IM SHOCKED THAT SWV DIDNT GET MENTIONED YET.

THEIR ALBUM WAS LIKE THE GRAND FINALE OF NEW JACK SWING.

MY FAVORITE GIRL GROUP EVER. AND I'D STILL DATE LELEE IN 2013.

I was going to, but their album came out near the end of '92. Then again, their singles stayed on the charts/rotation up until the following summer......:damn:

My favorite version of this track......:stylin:

The version EVERYBODY else liked.......

Daps
Reppin
401 Prov City
I seen Buck live and hes by far one of the best dudes I seen live..and in terms of skill alone ill agree wit this post...but he never had that BS "wow factor" that I didn't know rappers needed to "make it"...in other words if u have skill charisma and passion...then ur shyt outa luck apparently

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Ethnic Vagina Finder said:
I was a young pup. Transitioning from freshman to sophomore. I swear I went to high school during the dopest era 92 - 96 :ahh:

If you were on this coast during that time, you were blessed with the best hip-hop in the world. I was stationed in So-Cal (MCAS El Toro, Orange Cty.) until '92, so I KNOW the West Coast had some beats, but nothin' like this......

This one's for Big Mel........:myman:

(How much you wanna bet the younger cats have NO idea who these dudes are?)​

Last edited:

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
it's crazy l
MY TEAM!!!!!

Onyx-Bacdafucup.jpg

it's crazy looking back and seeing how much Run DMC was biting/imitating/trying to be down with that Onyx sound. JMJ had A LOT to do with Onyx being that way and i guess he thought Run DMC should do it too. i don't think Fredro or anyone wrote for them but Whatcha Gonna Do could be a Bacdafucup b-side. on another note, DMC always sounded better with new flows than Run