In_Effect_Mode.jpg

Neheartbreak.jpg

:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:....
ron-simmons-damn-o.gif

BlackDroog

All Star
Daps
:wow: 93 was so grimey. loved it.

Aside from the obvious classics (Wu, Snoop, Tribe, etc...) here are some of my more obscure and less discussed favorites from that year...

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
it's crazy l

it's crazy looking back and seeing how much Run DMC was biting/imitating/trying to be down with that Onyx sound. JMJ had A LOT to do with Onyx being that way and i guess he thought Run DMC should do it too. i don't think Fredro or anyone wrote for them but Whatcha Gonna Do could be a Bacdafucup b-side. on another note, DMC always sounded better with new flows than Run

that's cuz DMC >>> Run

:king:

DMC was / is always lyrically nicer than Run. Run just had the charisma. Similiar to Nice-n-Smooth..

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
WE'RE BARELY EVEN SCRATCHING THE SURFACE OF 1993.

:whew::salute::king:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
'96 had some dry spots tho.

Yeah R&B wise.....It was so potent rap/hip hop wise, I keep imprinting that shyt on to everything else that year.

When I think back to '96, it's just one big heat wave.Have you thinking everything was hot that year

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
DMC was / is always lyrically nicer than Run. Run just had the charisma. Similiar to Nice-n-Smooth..

yea. DMC was the king and run even acknowledged it regularly.

I think that's one of the things that got lost in their legacy. ask most oldheads that were really into rap back then, and they'll tell you DMC was the best.

Run had arguably the star-power tho, which is one of the things that put the group over the top. the ideal frontman, regardless of who was better.:yes:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Yeah R&B wise.....It was so potent rap/hip hop wise, I keep imprinting that shyt on to everything else that year.

When I think back to '96, it's just one big heat wave.Have you thinking everything was hot that year

maybe its just me, but '96 had the weakest selection of summer bangers out of the entire '90s. I think that's whats holding it back a lil bit.

or is it just me?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
maybe its just me, but '96 had the weakest selection of summer bangers out of the entire '90s. I think that's whats holding it back a lil bit.

or is it just me?

R&B wise is was kinda weak.I remember Ginuwine making his debut and nikkas bumping that Nutty Professor soundtrack.That waiting to exhale soundtrack was in heavy rotation, to

R.Kelly and that Mr.Bigs shyt was fresh at that time

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
R&B wise is was kinda weak.I remember Ginuwine making his debut and nikkas bumping that Nutty Professor soundtrack.That waiting to exhale soundtrack was in heavy rotation, to

R.Kelly and that Mr.Bigs shyt was fresh at that time

weak? nah. a lot of heat that year.

but yea, there were definitely better years easily on the r&b side.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Strictly hip-hop, I was thinking 95 - b/c that's when two of my top three albums (Infamous and OBFCL) dropped. But reading through this thread, its really hard to argue against 93.

yea. in terms of just hip-hop, its between '95 & '88.

but when you add in everything else: '93 replaces '95 imo.

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410

or is it just me?
you could have a point, 96 i mainly remember for having one of the craziest late fall/winters

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
They mashed on the industry all the way up to '97

Coko was always quietly/sneakily sexy to me.Thick with a cute face.Most cats liked Lelee, but I always had a thing for those fudgy brown skinned ones.

I'd:cape: for Coko....the sentimental value, breh....her voice is like the soundtrack to my childhood:to:

yup. coko's voice is definitely synonymous with my childhood. and yea, im down with the fudge-brown too but...........lelee >>>>>>>

and lelee is still hot in 2013 son.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
There has always been rats, but when this album dropped, it became the hood rat's Thriller.Sent them ho's into a frenzy.I'm talking about baby rats, not just the old ho's.From the peach fuzz, to the grey hairs,they all lost their damn minds when that shyt hit.I was in 6th grade and witnessed baby rats getting freaky to that 12 play.

That was when "freaking"(dancing like you fukking) was in....I remember going into 7th grade the next year, and 2 girls in my class had gotten pregnant over the summer:wow:.Crazy times, man.

I need Mr.Somebody to come in here and tell me how it was so demonic, friend

yep.

12 play was the album where r.kelly took the throne.

he had all ages on lock.

arguably the goat r&b album. yea I said it.