1992 Dream Team vs 2008 Redeem Team....Who is Winning?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Larry was the 3rd SF behind pippen and mullen, and 3rd pf behind barkley, and karl. If they were playing a team like the 08 team, the rotations would be shorter and bird would probably only play in emergencies or against a matchup like a prince, or a boozer.

2012 is the best 3pt shooting team, but to me 08 was better than them. 08 had better perimeter players, bron, kobe, wade, and a better C in dwight. 12 had better shooting and a better bench sans wade. 08 paul and 08 d will i'd take over their 12 counterparts, same with bron(debatable) and kobe. Russy better than kidd by a wide margin at this point and harden over redd, but harden don't D up and wade would kill him.

So Mullin will check KD or Melo, is that what we're going with? Or expecting Barkley/Malone to guard them :mjlol:

:wtf: 2012 had perimeter players -

LeBron, Kobe, KD, Melo, Westbrook, Harden, Iguodala and CP3. Hold up, how are you gonna talk about Harden's defense, like HIV + Magic, Mullin, Barkley or a 35 year old Bird could guard anyone?

Davis / Chandler is all you need for international play because you can run a damn college zone out there if you want, there is no illegal defense, that's part of the reason why the 04 team couldn't win despite being vastly superior from a talent standpoint than the rest of the world, they didn't have any shooting to make teams honor them outside and teams figured out you just shrink the floor against them.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So Mullin will check KD or Melo, is that what we're going with? Or expecting Barkley/Malone to guard them :mjlol:

:wtf: 2012 had perimeter players -

LeBron, Kobe, KD, Melo, Westbrook, Harden, Iguodala and CP3. Hold up, how are you gonna talk about Harden's defense, like HIV + Magic, Mullin, Barkley or a 35 year old Bird could guard anyone?

Davis / Chandler is all you need for international play because you can run a damn college zone out there if you want, there is no illegal defense, that's part of the reason why the 04 team couldn't win despite being vastly superior from a talent standpoint than the rest of the world, they didn't have any shooting to make teams honor them outside and teams figured out you just shrink the floor against them.

most likely barkley would "guard" melo. They can't guard eachother anyway so honestly that matchup is a wash, but barkley would put melo in foul trouble with his physical style on the block.

Who's guarding prime d rob and ewing? This is the biggest matchup disadvantage in all of this. You mention davis and chandler, but davis was a 19 year old coming off playing in college against future doctors and lawyers, now he has to guard grown men in their primes.. Good luck with that.

the 04 "team" had a bunch of players who pulled out or decided not to play. Tmac, Kobe, Shaq, Kg, Vince. etc.. Had they had their complete roster, an argument could be made that they're peers with 96 and 92. I don't count 04 really because half the team didn't play and they put rookies like bron, wade, and melo on the team and LB don't play rookies anyway.

those some nice perimeter players you named, but only a few of them would play in this type of game, and i'm taking quality over quantity.

Guys like iggy, james harden, melo, russy, wouldn't even been invited to try out for the 92 squad.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
most likely barkley would "guard" melo. They can't guard eachother anyway so honestly that matchup is a wash, but barkley would put melo in foul trouble with his physical style on the block.

You clearly don't understand how an actual zone works, nobody is just dumping the ball into the post in FIBA play, especially not without shooting :mjlol: They can run a true zone, a box and 1 to chase Magic, a 2-3 to neutralize the bigs......

Who's guarding prime d rob and ewing? This is the biggest matchup disadvantage in all of this. You mention davis and chandler, but davis was a 19 year old coming off playing in college against future doctors and lawyers, now he has to guard grown men in their primes.. Good luck with that.

:mindblown:

See, this is the problem, you straight up don't know how the international game is played. The ZONE would be guarding them, how can you have Barkley/Malone on the floor with Ewing & Robinson against a team that's athletic, long and will run the zone against you to take away your size advantage? How did Lithuania guard the 2000 team? Why didn't the 02 team win a medal? How did PR beat the 04 team, how did Greece beat the 06 team?

the 04 "team" had a bunch of players who pulled out or decided not to play. Tmac, Kobe, Shaq, Kg, Vince. etc.. Had they had their complete roster, an argument could be made that they're peers with 96 and 92. I don't count 04 really because half the team didn't play and they put rookies like bron, wade, and melo on the team and LB don't play rookies anyway.

The 04 team was vastly superior to the rest of the world and had a post threat, didn't matter because the international teams threw the zone at the US.

those some nice perimeter players you named, but only a few of them would play in this type of game, and i'm taking quality over quantity.

Guys like iggy, james harden, melo, russy, wouldn't even been invited to try out for the 92 squad.

They all played minutes for team USA :wtf:

The 2012 team is better than the 08 team.......

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I'm not betting against Jordan but this would be a close game and the 08 team would have a legit chance to win. Nobody on the Dream Team's bench is guarding Wade when he comes in the game but the combo of Ewing Robinson Malone and Barkley probably would be to much for the 08 team to overcome.

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Just watched the Dream Team 1992 documentary on youtube, not even one to live in the past (I think this current generation is phenomenal), but I think the 1992 team had some great chemistry. The Select Team scrimmage sounds like it was rigged too.

Even though I'm Lakeshow 100% and having 2nd thoughts betting against Kobe, I think I give the edge to the 1992 team slightly as a team. Regarding the two best players on their respective teams: Jordan in 1992 was actually a year younger than Kobe was in 2008 I believe.

Last edited: