12-year-old girl charged with murder, accused of suffocating her 8-year-old cousin, Over an iPhone

Diddly Drogba

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#FreeEva
Demeria-2.jpg

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A 12-year-old girl in Humboldt, Tennessee is being charged with first-degree murder after prosecutors say video shows her suffocating her 8-year-old cousin in a bunk bed they shared.

The girl, who will turn 13 next week, allegedly used bedding to suffocate her cousin, then cleaned up the victim and repositioned her body, say investigators who reviewed home security video of the incident.

The victim’s mother, Ramaya Davis, identified her as Demeria Hollingsworth. She remembered Demeria was always smiling, doing well in school, and hugging her little sister.

“She liked to read books, go swimming, play outside, ride her bike every day, play with the kids in the neighborhood, play with my friends kids. My baby was sweet,” Davis said.

Demeria-4.jpg

Davis said the girls were staying with their grandmother in Humboldt for the summer. She says the issue stemmed over an argument over an iPhone.

“When they told me about that, I should have just gone to get my kid,” she said. “But they were having fun for the summer and I didn’t think she would kill my baby.”

It’s difficult for Davis to wrap her head around what happened to her daughter.

“She did nothing to deserve for her life to be taken,” Davis said. “She was only eight years old. She just turned eight in April.”

Agee said his office is petitioning Juvenile Judge Mark Johnson to transfer the child to Circuit Court to be tried as an adult.

“I consider this to be one of the most disturbing violent acts committed by either an adult or juvenile that my office has prosecuted,” said Frederick Agee,

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
RIP to her. Definitely a beautiful little girl, gone too soon.

I might be biased because the accused is black, but trying to upgrade a 12-year old to set trial as an adult is crazy-talk. Unless there's a pattern, the kid should be in juvy, a foster home or some time of rehab program.

I get that there's a desire for justice but I don't think you can hold a 12 year old to the same standard as an adult, regardless of the consequences of their actions

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
The girl, who will turn 13 next week, allegedly used bedding to suffocate her cousin, then cleaned up the victim and repositioned her body, say investigators who reviewed home security video of the incident.

Shes a little psycopath that was fully aware of what she was doing. :camby:

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Killer Cousins needs it own crime special because it happens so regularly

Rest well baby girl 🕊

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
RIP to her. Definitely a beautiful little girl, gone too soon.

I might be biased because the accused is black, but trying to upgrade a 12-year old to set trial as an adult is crazy-talk. Unless there's a pattern, the kid should be in juvy, a foster home or some time of rehab program.

I get that there's a desire for justice but I don't think you can hold a 12 year old to the same standard as an adult, regardless of the consequences of their actions
Nah. She needs more than juvie. This little girl is a psychopath. There are so many women out here who do crazy ass shyt and have done so because they got away with it. I will say that I wish our justice system was focused more on rehabilitation than punishment but unfortunately it isn’t. She needs to go away for this.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
This is tough.
On the one hand I get the girl is 12 but on the other hand repositioning her body after she killed her and pretending like nothing happened is some psychopath shyt and she may need to be locked away from the rest of the general population considering the violent tendencies are already showing to this extent idk if she too far gone now...

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
No, cold blooded murder is an exception.

We don't read about 12 year old choking their younger cousins to death because the majority of 12 year old have a basic sense of right and wrong.

Imprison her for life. If she finds her way, she can spend her remaining day speaking to at risk youths behind bars.