[12/6/23] AEW Dynamite from Montreal: Christian seeks to make another child fatherless, The Devil story continues, C2 Gold League enters week three

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Seth vs. Jey for the Raw title is a PLE tier match.
And how long have they been building that? You can't answer because they haven't. The build is for Rkkko and Jey if anything. Can't hotshot something nobody had interest in or there has been no build towards.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
And how long have they been building that? You can't answer because they haven't. The build is for Rkkko and Jey if anything. Can't hotshot something nobody had interest in or there has been no build towards.
So it’s not hotshotting if there is little to no build behind it. Got it. Then why are they having a title match with little to no build and a predictable outcome?

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So it’s not hotshotting if there is little to no build behind it. Got it. Then why are they having a title match with little to no build and a predictable outcome?
You're not answering my questions because what you are saying don't make sense. You can have title matches with little build. But we all know the ones fans are clamoring for, the company is building towards, or they have been hinting at. Jey vs Seff is none of the above. You know that but you gotta take this stance to defend the original question. How does Cope vs Christian even compare in relevance?

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
I think Mark gets the win. Swerve gotta take 1 L in the tourney; this has to be it (unless they’re holding it for the Mox match).

While I'd rather see Swerve just go roughshod through it all, from a drama perspective, Mark's got to upset him so that the Swerve/Mox match determines the winner of the Gold League.

Predictable drama is the worst kind.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Surprised they didn't save the Cope vs Christian match for a ppv.

Which is more important PPV buys or hotshotting tv? If it doesn't make a dent for the tv minus well saved it.

He recently addressed why this is happening on TV:

“I’ve heard, ‘Why isn’t this at the pay-per-view?’” said Copeland. “To me, where is more important than when. We get to do it in Montreal. There’s no other choice for us but to have it here. My family is coming for this one, cousins and relatives who’ve known Jay for years.

“There’s something special about doing it in Canada. I am really, really amped up to do this one. I truly think there’s not another story like ours, with this real story. Two friends from Orangeville, Ontario, who made it where we made it because of each other. I’m hoping this is a rabid crowd. This is what I dreamed of–working that guy in Montreal for a championship.”

...“My mom would be over the moon,” said Copeland. “It’s still hard to believe this is happening, isn’t it? Both of us retired. Both of us are back. We’re doing it at a level we’re both proud of.

“We couldn’t fake this chemistry. It’s there. And we get to do this in Montreal.”

https://www.si.com/fannation/wrestl...ach-moment-in-aew-its-everything-i-want-to-do