[11.25.23] WWE SURVIVOR SERIES 2023 - WARGAMES Live from Chicago. Judgment Day vs. Cody's Commanders!!

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I feel like this would have been a good time to bring the traditional match back this year. The emphasis of an actual authority figure, and both of them having a bit of beef a couple months back... Easy opportunity to pit both brands against each other
Even though I’m not a fan of War Games I can see why HHH is staying away from the traditional format.

We’ve learned from Vince booking the traditional 5 on 5 and champion vs champion does more harm than good. At least with war games the matches basically involve wrestlers on the same roster for the most part which allows to further or start new story lines that can continue through the months and maybe towards Mania.

They could have only done the 5 on 5, but as we see Survivor Series usually has a theme that follows the entire show. So doing 5 on 5 raw vs Smackdown just to have regular brand matches mixed in between is stupid. It works with the war games format since they’re are 2 war game matches for each brand.

And doing champion vs champion would have been the worst booking decisions hhh could have made in a long time.

So I get why HHh is sticking with war games

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Even though I’m not a fan of War Games I can see why HHH is staying away from the traditional format.

We’ve learned from Vince booking the traditional 5 on 5
and champion vs champion does more harm than good. At least with war games the matches basically involve wrestlers on the same roster for the most part which allows to further or start new story lines that can continue through the months and maybe towards Mania.

They could have only done the 5 on 5, but as we see Survivor Series usually has a theme that follows the entire show. So doing 5 on 5 raw vs Smackdown just to have regular brand matches mixed in between is stupid. It works with the war games format since they’re are 2 war game matches for each brand.

And doing champion vs champion would have been the worst booking decisions hhh could have made in a long time.

So I get why HHh is sticking with war games
What??? :mjlol: The greatest 5 on 5 happened in 2003 and is still regarded as the best by most people.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
What??? :mjlol: The greatest 5 on 5 happened in 2003 and is still regarded as the best by most people.
so a match that happened when I was in elementary and you were a senior in college is your go to answer

The format has more duds than home runs

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I loved the traditional tags but I said it before, if they aren't advancing key story lines than the stakes just aren't there. They used to advance stories. Way back when. For years tho it became a 'brand vs. brand' thing which was only good maybe the first time they did it.
or even start some, ala the Owen and Bret rivalry.