10 years ago today the blackout in the Northeast happened

Prestige

Rookie
Daps
I was in Alberta at the Tim Hortons Camp chilling out in the Rockies, I had electricity and everything. :blessed:

General Salty

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
10 years, wow.

I was at work, walked 3 miles home. Elevators out, walked up double digit flights, checked on my wife and newborn, back out to shop in a pitch black supermarket, walked back up the stairs with bags of groceries, spent the night with the apartment door wide open trying to get any air flowing into the spot. Chair up against the door, holding my 1 month old, trying to keep him cool while not passing out myself.

Interesting, miserable day and a half.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i was at home chilling. it was hot as fukk that day too. two weeks later, went to canada for the first time and then another week later, started my senior year of high school.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
I had just finished helping a friend move into Brooklyn from Perth Amboy. We made it back onto the Parkway South right before the power went out. A few minutes later and we'd have been stuck in the Tunnel........:whew:

I felt bad for the people heading North. I have never seen that many cars on the Parkway. shyt was bumper-to-bumper for like 20 exits......:damn:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Did they ever say what caused it?