10 years ago today the blackout in the Northeast happened

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Northeast and Canada brehs, where were you when it happened? :lupe:

I was at home in NYC when the lights went out, the water didn't even work when the power was out :damn: at the time I was living in the projects in BK, that night was brutal as it was hot as hell and very hard to sleep.

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
Northeast and Canada brehs, where were you when it happened? :lupe:

I was at home in NYC when the lights went out, the water didn't even work when the power was out :damn: at the time I was living in the projects in BK, that night was brutal as it was hot as hell and very hard to sleep.

the power went out during the day so how dark is your crib :what:
did you mean the electricity?? or did your moms have those blakk out type curtains and shyt in your place and you bugged the fukk out instead of opening them?

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Did they ever figure out what caused it?

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
the power went out during the day so how dark is your crib :what:
did you mean the electricity?? or did your moms have those blakk out type curtains and shyt in your place and you bugged the fukk out instead of opening them?
:dahell: the power was out nearly 24 hours in Brooklyn, vision around the apartment wasn't a issue, we was able to see just fine during the day, and at night we had flashlights IIRC.

Just the water didn't work and it was too hot was the only major issue we suffered from.

aRoMaN21

Daps
:dahell: the power was out nearly 24 hours in Brooklyn, vision around the apartment wasn't a issue, we was able to see just fine during the day, and at night we had flashlights IIRC.

Just the water didn't work and it was too hot was the only major issue we suffered from.

:dahell: the power was out for almost 4 days. and it went out btwn 2 and 4pm.
I know this bc I was in an arcade in brooklyn playing marvel vs capcom 2 and whipping a scrub's ass. :banderas:

aRoMaN21

Daps
maybe it was b4 that but def after 12pm it happened and before 6 pm

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
Power went out exactly at 4:10pm. Came home from summer school 20 mins before it happened. The only thing that worked in the crib was the corded phone. Cordless phones and cells were thrown in the bushes. I was alone that week so i chilled at my neighbors crib for most of the night. His pops had the generator, turned on the hi beams to his truck in the backyard and fired up the grill. Hot 97 was crazy because the Terror Squad vs Roc a fella game was supposed to happen at Rucker Park that night.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was visting relatives in nyc,i remember how uncomfortably hot it was,i tried sleeping naked with an icepack on me cuz it was so hot and it still didnt help :damn: that was BRUTAL

Cant beleive that was 10 years time really does fukkin fly :yeshrug:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I had some xanax left over so I popped that and downed a beer. Slept throughout the blackout

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I was at work :sadcam:

Me too, that shyt was the worst...i was working at a day camp too so a bunch of snotnosed kids were going crazy when the lights went out because at the gym i worked at was extra dark when there were no lights....

I remember sitting in my basement being stuck on a tricycle and my girl was getting on my nerves.

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
My Laptop was connected to the power adapter, shyt got fried ... I was pissed about that more than anything.

It was a compaq, do they even make those anymore?

No TV and Internet :sadcam: the radio was working though

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I was driving back from the company gym. I luckily had remembered to put my gas in my car earlier this morning. I remember driving by and seeing all these long ass lines from the gas stations and thinking to myself...hmm odd :patrice:..got home and there was no power..had to take a cold shower :sadbron:..if I remember I got power back within 24 hrs but it was the last time I ever paid a dollar anything a gallon for gas though :sadcam:

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was in my parents restaurant, the gas was still working so we got business like nobody's business. It was a line outside the door for food, crazy ass shyt never seen it before.