10 Years after the Wire, the Cast Reflects

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're right in that the main character doesn't have to be the protagonist but in 90% of cases it is. Even when it isn't a main character is central to the entire plot not a subplot or a small section of the plot.

You're saying characters who were killed off very early in the narrative to have their death serve as motivation for main characters and protagonists or even antagonists are themselves main characters. Nah. Ned Stark is the main character of season 1 of Game of Thrones if you consider the entire show he's not the main character as the show is 8 seasons long. Wallace isn't a main character period in The Wire. He's a supporting character that was killed off.

You sound like the type to say Obi Wan was a main character in Star Wars: A New Hope.
You can have more the one main character. Also a main character can change from season to season.
Tyawin has been dead for 2 years is not a main character in got because of that.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You can have more the one main character. Also a main character can change from season to season.
Tyawin has been dead for 2 years is not a main character in got because of that.
Them getting killed isn’t what keeps them from being main characters of the entire season. The amount of the actual work they were in does. How is anybody in barely 20% of a work considered anything other than supporting? That means you weren’t around for 80% of the work.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Them getting killed isn’t what keeps them from being main characters of the entire season. The amount of the actual work they were in does. How is anybody in barely 20% of a work considered anything other than supporting? That means you weren’t around for 80% of the work.
That is matter of opinion but during season 1 Wallace was a main character.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
He was a huge integral part of Season one.
He was on All My Children longer and his career didn’t really take off until well after a decade past when The Wire ended.

I could see saying Tristan Wilds, Michael K Williams, or even saying Idris Elba but Michael B Jordan took off due to moves he made much later in life.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That is matter of opinion but during season 1 Wallace was a main character.
If I show up for class 20% of all possible days of a school year and those days were all concentrated in the first 2 months of the year if my teacher says I was barely there are they wrong? For 80% of the year I was absent. Me being barely there isn’t a matter of opinion and my heavy presence in the beginning doesn’t change that. If I say I came to school all the time that’s disingenuous.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I show up for class 20% of all possible days of a school year and those days were all concentrated in the first 2 months of the year if my teacher says I was barely there are they wrong? For 80% of the year I was absent. Me being barely there isn’t a matter of opinion and my heavy presence in the beginning doesn’t change that. If I say I came to school all the time that’s disingenuous.
Would you say mcnulty was a main character in season 2 of the wire?

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
In one stroke, Michael B. Jordan has surpassed everyone from that cast.

From this...

tumblr_nkyyqxNaBA1tk496vo4_250.gif

To this...
5UqE.gif
Let's pump the brakes on that. Edris and Wood Harris been doing work for years...Wood gave us Paid in Full. They honestly could've given the Killmonger role to any BLack actor and they would've killed it. The character and the lines made that role, not the actor.

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
Here's a video of Wood Harris talking about why British actors are better actors...plus he slid him some Black history on ya'll. He gave ya'll some of that cloth talk.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I see folks just couldn't wait to go full Marvelgang in here.

You never go full Marvelgang. :scust: