[10/17] WWE Monday Night Pi'RAW - The Return of Goldberg

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Know what this sounds like?

"There's no more lyrical content, what happened to hip-hop? I mean yeah, the 69 Boyz were outselling Jeru the Damaja but... that was different"

I saw where you were trying to go, then you sort of drove off the road into a ditch

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
uRSNECG.gif

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Not at all. I'm saying that it was a perfect merger of good story and good matches and investment in those stories made the matches better. With them doing the basic shyt really well, you could afford to do something silly like that the Oddities, which also had a pretty good following because people got involved with them from a character and story standpoint. They didn't just exist. How many times have we been bored by matches not because they're not "good" matches but because we know it won't matter nor do we have any idea of who the wrestlers are or why it matters to them. That's basic fundamental shyt that they did with ease in the 90s

Breh... there wasn't no investment in no random ass Oddities matches. Golga vs Mens Teioh or Marc Mero vs Tom Brandi ain't have no purpose but givin' them 4 minutes on the show in between the shyt people gave a damn about :mjlol: