1 time for Michael Mann fukkin up Miami Vice the movie

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
They knew because their undercover identity led to that house, by design. They find their criminal aliases then their "real" names. That was the protective layers of the false identity.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Also, the movie pays homage to one of the better episodes of the show, season 1's "The Great McCarthy", with the boat race in the directors cut.

Mann's script as an even more decadent opener, with the vice team flying to a private residence in a helicopter, to do conduct a prostitution sting, which sounded really cool.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
This movie is still really bad. Every few urs I give it another shot. The dialogue is just so corny. The overacting by Jamie and Colin to seem tough. The story is all over the place. :scust:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Rl8P8S.gif

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
It was abhorrent, and the excuses for it aren't even excuses...just explanations.

There scenes of conversation where Jamie Foxx has two different haircuts between cuts of the same conversation.

Ferrell was coked out and there was a fukkin hurricane during the shoot. Nothing made sense in the movie or the filming.

In addition, Colin Farrell brought his own baggage to the production, albeit in a more self-contained manner. Having cultivated a reputation among his show business colleagues as a performer who works hard and plays harder, the actor's struggle with substance abuse and addiction reached a peak while playing Sonny Crockett. Colin Farrell reflected on his physical and mental state while making Miami Vice, stating, "It was literally the first time I couldn't say to anyone around me, 'Have I been late for work, have I missed any days, have I been hitting my marks?' Because the answers would have been yes, yes, and no... I lost the ability to be confident that I could make a change myself." Shortly after production wrapped on Miami Vice, the actor sought help for addiction.
Perhaps most infamous were the safety issues faced by Mann and company while shooting in the Dominican Republic. Mann's creative habit of striving for authenticity took his cast and crew into some areas so dangerous that even members of law enforcement would choose to avoid. The production hired private security, which included local gangsters and members of the military. After a violent clash between a police officer and solider that resulted in a shooting, the cast and crew dispersed and Jamie Foxx fled the country with no intention of returning to complete the film's originally scripted ending.

They took a speedboat from Miami to Cuba in one shot while talking, to get drinks? fukkin insane lmao

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
You can see Ferrell is visibly high in some scenes, I think, as someone who would know. I love the movie, I understand some criticism, the script is rocky, and there's some odd accent stuff going on, but it's all signature Mann.

From the the Keys, I think Cuba is 90 minutes. They went to have an affair, to act on their impulses. It's a movie more about style than substance, which is exactly what the series was. Pitch black themes and undercurrents, gorgeously produced.

Also, I think the directors cut is the best version. The theater experience was great, but I was confused, in the first 30 seconds, even if I was enjoying what I watched, and it's lacking the music in the end. The intro is the better one.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ll never forget the scene at the end, where ole girl was dealing with the hostage situation, said something that would make the dude with the hostage respond, and popped dude as he opened his mouth to talk.

Idk if it actually works and keeps his finger from pulling the trigger, but kid me was looking at that shyt like :gladbron: