1 r&b singer we don't ever talk about is karyn white :wow:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
@stomachlines breh, you need your own radio show, playin whatever the hell u wanna play, cuz i know it will be:banderas:

thanks bruh :myman:

but i gotta give props to @blackestofpanthers :myman: for this thread, he the one who reminded me of her because it's been many a moon since i've listened to her music :ohlawd:

shyt, the radio show would be tight if it was like a comedy hour of your comedy, and then @blackestofpanthers and me comin' through with that classic music :blessed:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Superwoman was my joint. She was just around in an era where the talent was too thick. Janet was killing it as was Mariah. shyt not even a fine ass jawn like chante Moore blew up as much as she could've

yeah i agree :wow:

remember this 1 too? god, i could listen to this shyt on continuous play :whew:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
thanks bruh :myman:

but i gotta give props to @blackestofpanthers :myman: for this thread, he the one who reminded me of her because it's been many a moon since i've listened to her music :ohlawd:

shyt, the radio show would be tight if it was like a comedy hour of your comedy, and then @blackestofpanthers and me comin' through with that classic music :blessed:
Yeah @blackestofpanthers gotta get props as well:salute:

I been on that unsung type artist wave as of late. I was bumpin Atlantic Starr and remembered how i was a fan of Barbara Weathers as a youngsta:whew:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Superwoman was my joint. She was just around in an era where the talent was too thick. Janet was killing it as was Mariah. shyt not even a fine ass jawn like chante Moore blew up as much as she could've

Bruh I know this thrizzead is about Karyn White and imma let niccas finish...but that first Chante' Moore album, doe?

That chit is a CLASSIC, yo. That's 5-mic r&b chit, my dawg. I ain't never gonna pass up a chance to say that.
Even as a li'l nicca when that was poppin', I knew I was hearing some next level music.

Anyways...yeah. Karyn White had bangers, but I think she got slept on because she was just seen as a...system QB.
I say that meaning, she was married to a hitmaker so she was gettin' so much fiya given to her, and she was working
with Babyface and them niccas, and she was a beauty queen...like folks didn't really think she was eating off skills.
It's messed up - but it's the game.

This my Karyn joint, doe:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Yeah @blackestofpanthers gotta get props as well:salute:

I been on that unsung type artist wave as of late. I was bumpin Atlantic Starr and remembered how i was a fan of Barbara Weathers as a youngsta:whew:

nikka, me you and @blackestofpanthers must be brothers :myman:

why was i just the other bumpin' the hell outta "silver shadow"; windows down and the music turned all the way up like i'd just borrowed my mom and dad's car :blessed::stylin:

barbara weathers was the truth! :wow:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
nikka, me you and @blackestofpanthers must be brothers :myman:

why was i just the other bumpin' the hell outta "silver shadow"; windows down and the music turned all the way up like i'd just borrowed my mom and dad's car :blessed::stylin:

barbara weathers was the truth! :wow:

Barbara fukkin Weathers:wow:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Barbara fukkin Weathers:wow:

when i look back on these old videos and interviews, i'm reminded of how special those times were :mjcry:

other than vanity who was every nikka's dream girl and darlene ortiz, mine was pebbles. i use to love her:whew:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
80's era, we had vanity (r.i.p.) jody watley, karyn white, barbara weathers, pebbles, sheila e and the list goes :banderas:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Bruh I know this thrizzead is about Karyn White and imma let niccas finish...but that first Chante' Moore album, doe?

That chit is a CLASSIC, yo. That's 5-mic r&b chit, my dawg. I ain't never gonna pass up a chance to say that.
Even as a li'l nicca when that was poppin', I knew I was hearing some next level music.

Anyways...yeah. Karyn White had bangers, but I think she got slept on because she was just seen as a...system QB.
I say that meaning, she was married to a hitmaker so she was gettin' so much fiya given to her, and she was working
with Babyface and them niccas, and she was a beauty queen...like folks didn't really think she was eating off skills.
It's messed up - but it's the game.

This my Karyn joint, doe:

oh hell yeah!
that 1st chante moore was the shyt! :whew: